Is this craftsman wrench a counterfeit?

I dunno, I still feel like the general rule should be that the item received is the exact item pictured.

Yes, I understand not practical for boxed items like power tool kits or even hand tool kits, but if the item pictured has one font and the item received has a different font, I feel like there's at least an argument for SNAD (yeah, the "S" is arguable, I get it.)

Savvy sellers know this and they understand one of the costs of selling on a platform like eBay is skeptical buyers due to potential counterfeiting or dishonest sellers.

That said, for a Cman RP it would only be a trail wrench for me so as long as it's to size I wouldn't care.....but that's just me.

If you are missing or otherwise need a replacement craftsman item, wouldn't you want to match the part number to get an exact match?

Or does it not work that way?

If you are missing or otherwise need a replacement craftsman item, wouldn't you want to match the part number to get an exact match?

Or does it not work that way?
Doesn't work that way. Cman views a part # as a part #. So a 13mm from WF in 1980 may have the same part # as an Indian 13mm today

I would say the first picture looks like valid Craftsman and the second looks like a fake. The second looks even cheaper than the newer chinese Craftsman wrenches. It does look like there are lots of machining marks and the Font is off.

As D60 was saying, whether or not the item is genuine Craftsman, you could surely make the argument that you did not receive the item that was pictured in the listing.

I have been buying a few Craftsman hand tools from eBay recently. However, I only buy USA-made ones. I have a couple of websites I use to verify forge codes and production dates.

Reactions: D60
PSA - some pawnshops are FULL of older Craftsman tools. You'll have to sort through bins of loose sockets and wrenches, but you can probably get a lot for 30$. You'll even find an odd SK or a Snapon in the bins once in a while. Always go though cars when you are at pull a part. I rarely leave without finding at least a pair of pliers or a screwdriver, though they are usually cheapos.

Back