Is there anyplace that does Gasoline testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda like Blackstone, only for Gasoline.
There is this one place around me that sells gasoline 10 cents cheaper across the board than all the Mobil stations around if not close to me.

Ever wonder is the octane rating is lower than what you're buying......I am.

Dunno, but my experience with Mobil in NYC/LI is that their gas causes that "rotten egg" smell from the exhaust.

So I switched; I've been using Shell for the past 4 years--it's been excellent--no rotten egg smell at all.

quote:

Originally posted by chefwong:
Kinda like Blackstone, only for Gasoline.
There is this one place around me that sells gasoline 10 cents cheaper across the board than all the Mobil stations around if not close to me.

Ever wonder is the octane rating is lower than what you're buying......I am.

Sure do, and sometimes they don't have it where it should be. Somewhere I read an article that described
GAS is Gas is GAS is Gas, unless it has alcohol or some other stuff in it to make it way different, it's all the same stuff... Right!

What you need to be concerned with more is if the fuel contain proper amounts of cleaning additives, only 15-18% of the fuel out there is even treated, and usually it is for things like color, not Uuummmph! or stability, most fuel gets some form of contamination in transportation (truck and pipe).

IMO everyone (both diesel and gasoline oil users)
need and should always use a fuel conditioner or additive of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back