Gulf gasoline?

With all the concerns regarding intake valve deposits, I have only used Top Tier gasoline in my Lexus. 93 octane Shell, Mobil or Costco. Recently a Gulf station opened nearby. 93 octane is 55 cents a gallon cheaper than Mobil or Shell. Not sure about Costco as I am nearby. I looked it up on Top Tier website but it is not listed.

Is this decent gas or should I splurge for the others.

I have used Gulf gasoline when I am on the East Coast with good results. I prefer Top Tier, but the Gulf in my vehicles have done fine. Used it mostly in our 2015 F150. Around here Gulf is not cheaper and have not made a major entrance in to Kansas City market.

Haven't seen any Gulf stations around here for a long time but always did like their race cars.

1700355660907.png

there has been a gulf station near me for years , i have used their gas and never any problems , they are usually cheaper

This stuff is no better than Sheetz gas or other minimal detergent gasolines. Using an occasional tankful should not hurt but it is NOT Top Tier. As such, continued use will allow deposit buildup.

"Gulf" is now only a trademark, leased to different companies based on geographic region. In the northeast, it is a brand under the control of Cumberland Farms.

This stuff is no better than Sheetz gas or other minimal detergent gasolines. Using an occasional tankful should not hurt but it is NOT Top Tier. As such, continued use will allow deposit buildup.
Do you have evidence their gas does not meet TopTier criteria despite not submitting it for approval.
Not saying it is the same thing, but like Amsoil or HPL not applying for manufacturer approvals.

Why would they not advertise Top Tier? Most car manuals tell the owner to use it. Just a good way to lose sales if they are not paying for the right to use something you think they may be doing.

No way i would use that in my GDI turbo engines without Top Tier verification!

To use the Top Tier label, a gasoline marketer must pay a licensing fee. Many top fuels that used to have the Top Tier label do not now. BP and Irving come to mind. I doubt their gasoline is worse than it used to be. More like they decided, as a marketing decision, that paying to use the label just wasn't worth it.

The gasoline marketer in Puerto Rico who sells under the Gulf label is on the Top Tier list.

Being on the list may mean something, but not being on the list proves nothing.

Its sort of like a Kosher label on food. The label means the food was certified. Food with no label may have never been submitted for Kosher certification, but that does not mean that it would not meet Kosher standards if it were submitted.

Back