Is arming teachers the answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bruckus
First off I am a gun owner with no solutions.

I really think this is crazy.Teachers are already underpaid for what they do and they don't need that responsibility also. Let them teach in a safe classroom.

A teacher with a pistol and a psycho with an AR, I think we all know how that would end.

Every gun owner is a gun owner with no solutions; you're the only one who will admit it though.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
In my opinion it would be of little value. I also prefer teachers to teach not be security guards.

I agree ... they have enough to worry about IMO. Now IF a teacher completely volunteered and had the proper training then let them do it. But by all means do not force teachers to become armed security guards. Leave that to the pros.

It would be an excellent opportunity for upstanding "solder of fortune" types to do something and get paid for it. Armed people need to be able to prevent anyone from getting IN TO the school to start with,

Of course its part of the answer, you turned a marshmallow target into an hardened one. Just like when they claim border walls don't work. I guarantee you there are still a few geezers in the former East Germany that can show them how its done really right.
In any case anything is better than a sign with "gun free zone" on it, they need to put a caption underneath saying "except you Mr maniac with the gun that sneaks in and kill us".

The thing you are missing is any real solution is not part of the snowflake agenda, protesting and screaming on tv blaming people is all they really want.
Here is another solution, instead of making all the illegals legal bring in ex Spetsnaz troops in legally and pay them to guard these schools, there are lots of them who are retired and would love a good paying job and nobody in their right mind would mess with one of these guys.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZZman
I have many possible solutions to reduce it:

1. Ban handguns and assault style rifles
2. Magazine capacity limit
3. Background checks on all sales
4. I like the 21 yrs old age for any firearm
5. Hire more ATF and FBI agents
6. Better mental health system and reporting
7. Better laws on domestic terrorist threats (like threatening to shoot many people/ or schools etc)
8. Mandatory gun safes

I am sure I could think of more.

#1 will never happen, especially hand guns.
#2, maybe since it's happened before.
#8, probably not either, especially since it's trying to control what's going on in someone's private property.

The rest are possibilities that may occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back