Iron removal products

Is there any reason to use this on one's vehicles if they aren't new and coming off rail cars?

It also acts as a heavy-duty cleaner and provides a stronger clean than what a normal car wash soap can provide.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems to make light colors really pop. Especially white.

005.jpg

005.jpg

005.jpg

Is there any reason to use this on one's vehicles if they aren't new and coming off rail cars?

Absolutely. If you live in a state that uses any form of road salt or brine solution, I can assure you that an iron decontaminator will bleed purple all over the vertical surfaces.

Light colored cars, especially white, show iron fallout more readily, but it's always there.

Also, be mindful in your selection and read reviews because brands do matter. I've found Carpro Iron-X to be the best. I've used products from other brands (Chemical Guys being the worst) that literally didn't do anything.

Also, be mindful in your selection and read reviews because brands do matter. I've found Carpro Iron-X to be the best. I've used products from other brands (Chemical Guys being the worst) that literally didn't do anything.
Whichever one you use, cool surface only. They will etch paint and glass if allowed to dry on warm surfaces.

Back