Interesting hybrid design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. (I'll give it a thumbs up.
wink.gif
)

Problem is, as with a move to ethanol, diverting even a small amount the source of energy for vehicles causes a ripple effect; Much of the generation and grid in certain areas of the country are taxed as is without having millions of people plugging in high draw devices at night.

True. I wonder how efficient it would be overall to charge every night with a small gas-powered generator. :)

Originally Posted By: AllenWalker
True. I wonder how efficient it would be overall to charge every night with a small gas-powered generator. :)

Considerably less efficient than driving a gas engine powered car.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Interesting. (I'll give it a thumbs up.
wink.gif
)

Problem is, ... Much of the generation and grid in certain areas of the country are taxed as is without having millions of people plugging in high draw devices at night.

The grid isn't normally taxed at night
http://www.caiso.com/outlook/outlook.html

There would be secondary effects such as more maintenance on power plant equipment because of more use and less time to do it.

The power station fuel supply and waste disposal systems might not be able to handle much more without changes...

Shannow could shed more light (pun intended) on the topic and he actually knows what he's talking about.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back