Insurance check questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 92saturnsl2
I'm going to play devil's advocate and suggest NOT contacting your insurance company without exhausting all efforts to get a fair payout from the at fault party's insurance beforehand.

I've been in this situation a couple times. If you get your insurance company involved, they will open a claim and even a non-fault accident will ratchet up your rates at the next renewal in most cases.

Weird.... A guy with State Farm hit my wife while she was driving down the road. He had a stop sign (she did not), stopped, then pulled out claiming he didn't see her. The guy gave her his insurance information and I did nothing with it. I called Erie's accident line and they handled everything 100%. They arranged and paid for a rental car, inspected our van, totalled it and sent a check. They also had to deal with State Farm and argue with them.... Their client, or maybe it was their claims rep, suggested this was my wife's fault. Anyway, come time for our policy renewal, our rates went down. Why ? Because of our clean driving records and having no at-fault claims.

Why do people do business with scam insurance companies like they do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back