Health Insurance Home Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
It maybe me to could come by and see ya Sunshine….

:LOL:

Swear to goodness zee09 I had a home health RN come to see me 12 years ago and…. HOLY cow…. She was a stunningly beautiful blonde young lady… I mean stunning…top 98th percentile of beautiful women I have worked around…. And I have worked around many women in my time. she was very nice too.
I'm calling in now... 😂

Swear to goodness zee09 I had a home health RN come to see me 12 years ago and…. HOLY cow…. She was a stunningly beautiful blonde young lady… I mean stunning…top 98th percentile of beautiful women I have worked around…. And I have worked around many women in my time. she was very nice too.
Note to @bbhero ...
The White Rogue Killer was a nurse too from Hopkins 😔

Yeah I hear ya man…

But seriously… that time that beautiful lady came to my place I was quite surprised.

Then when I see guy patients I apologize to them.

Though I have had ladies really like me…funny stories there… Lemme tell ya that.

These yahoo's call me also. Not only do I get an FAA approved medical on a regular basis, but I pay for a concierge doctor that will answer the phone 24/7. See him every 4 months. Blood work and all.

The 'in home' health check folks don't care, and insist they offer some form of benefit.

Nonsense. There is NO UPSIDE to letting these people in your home.

Was at the doctors yesterday and we got into an insurance conversation.
I figured instead of a new thread I would put it here. This is not medical advice, legal advice, or
not about Medicaid or Medicare but private insurance for the self-employed.

The private insurance buyers here have you ever ran into this?
Everyone I contact runs me through the 1 year wait for preexisting conditions.
They all do. One insurance out of Philadelphia told me that you wait 5 years after
the last PE. incident and they cover you. That said I had heart surgery in 2015 and they
still want to lock me in for the year wait.

My doc says they can't do it. I tell him they all do it except state run which is obvious.
He didn't believe me. I faxed him today a quote I received, and it said exactly that on it.
How about you other BITOG folks?

Those calls are from a third party and not your health insurance company. They make a house call-then bill your insurance company. It is not mandatory-and they are lying to you. I WOULD NOT let anybody in to my home that starts off a relationship by telling you a bold face lie.

Of course- I am assuming you read all the fine print on your policy and you don't need a checkup to qualify.....
Some calls are from your health care provider. However, based on your post always check with your provider first.
I get calls from United Health Care all the time wanting to schedule a home check/health discussion, Ive been tempted so many times because United Health Care PAYS ME $50 if I allow them to come over and discuss healthy stuff for up to one hour.

This is 100% legit, it's on my online portal. They also pay me $15 to go to my primary doctor for an annual check up. They also pay me $10 a month for syncing my APPLE watch to send data, every month I have a certain amount of steps taken in any 10 day period they pay $10. I never had a month that I did not get the $10.
I just got another item in the mail, if I join or associate with any group activity by the end of the year they will pay me $10.
They also pay my $120 a month Orange Theory Gym Membership and $60 every three months for any over the counter medical items. Actually yesterday I purchased with some of that money an Elbow support for my wife in Walmart for when she plays Pickleball and IBPROFEN *LOL*

Ok, with the above said, this year 2023 I am not being offered $50 for an in home consultation and have to check if my annual check up at the dr for $15. Everything I do is online so easy for me to check.

With this said. I do believe your experience, lots of scams in this world. All I am saying is ALWAYS confirm with the source and that is your insurance company.

Last edited:

She REALLY left an impression on you!
(maybe I should chance it*LOL*)

Was at the doctors yesterday and we got into an insurance conversation.
I figured instead of a new thread I would put it here. This is not medical advice, legal advice, or
not about Medicaid or Medicare but private insurance for the self-employed.

The private insurance buyers here have you ever ran into this?
Everyone I contact runs me through the 1 year wait for preexisting conditions.
They all do. One insurance out of Philadelphia told me that you wait 5 years after
the last PE. incident and they cover you. That said I had heart surgery in 2015 and they
still want to lock me in for the year wait.

My doc says they can't do it. I tell him they all do it except state run which is obvious.
He didn't believe me. I faxed him today a quote I received, and it said exactly that on it.
How about you other BITOG folks?
All Marketplace plans must cover treatment for pre-existing medical conditions. No insurance plan can reject you, charge you more, or refuse to pay for essential health benefits for any condition you had before your coverage started.

If you buy your policy through the (government) exchange the above is mandated. I retired at 55 years of age. I bought all my policies through the exchange until I reached Medicare age. They had to treat my pre -existing conditions. Why would anybody buy a policy which excluded PE and levae them selves open to financial ruin should anything happen. Like in your case a hear attack?

All Marketplace plans must cover treatment for pre-existing medical conditions. No insurance plan can reject you, charge you more, or refuse to pay for essential health benefits for any condition you had before your coverage started.

If you buy your policy through the (government) exchange the above is mandated. I retired at 55 years of age. I bought all my policies through the exchange until I reached Medicare age. They had to treat my pre -existing conditions.

Thanks, but talking private and not the exchange.

Thanks, but talking private and not the exchange.
The exchange offers policies by companies that are private and publicly held-you can buy stock in many of these companies.

Again-if you have a PE-why would you even consider a policy that excludes it-when you can buy one elsewhere (without a up charge for the PE)?

The exchange offers policies by companies that are private and publicly held-you can buy stock in many of these companies.

Again-if you have a PE-why would you even consider a policy that excludes it-when you can buy one elsewhere (without a up charge for the PE)?
The conversation with the doc was that the private insurer PE policy is not allowed.
I told him it is common from my experience.
Not interested in the exchange for many reasons.

Listening to this poster is a serious health risk factor.
The OP would let an insurance company exclude a serious pre-existing condition (his heart) because he will not buy a policy from the exchange. So-basically risk financial ruin if he had a heart attack in the first 12 months of coverage.

That's is quite simply beyond belief.

Then you can extrapolate that if he can't pay-then the rest of us will eventually pickup the tab.

The OP would let an insurance company exclude a serious pre-existing condition (his heart) because he will not buy a policy from the exchange. So-basically risk financial ruin if he had a heart attack in the first 12 months of coverage.

That's is quite simply beyond belief.

Then you can extrapolate that if he can't pay-then the rest of us will eventually pickup the tab.
Again more drama. Nobody said such a thing. You just love to spin mistruths don't you?
You may as well be dead in the exchanges. Only two heart doctors in my area would take that exchange coverage and they were bad doctors in bad areas.
Been there done that.
The network is full of doctors who bailed and the exchange leaves them on the list to make people think they are an attractive alternative which they are not and that cheap insurance fleeces you come tax time.
Only a fool would buy anything that bases your cost solely on your income.

Again more drama. Nobody said such a thing. You just love to spin mistruths don't you?
You may as well be dead in the exchanges. Only two heart doctors in my area would take that exchange coverage and they were bad doctors in bad areas.
Been there done that.
The network is full of doctors who bailed and the exchange leaves them on the list to make people think they are an attractive alternative which they are not and that cheap insurance fleeces you come tax time.
Only a fool would buy anything that bases your cost solely on your income.

mis formatted
If you pay a small amount for coverage (based on your income) there are monies paid that make up the differences. In my state-the exchange plans (and doctors) are the same that practice -what you call "private" as those on the exchange. There are numerous plans on the exchange-yes they may not take one-but they surly will take another one.
Do you actually know how many "Exchange plans" are offered in your state?

Have you looked in to Doctor coverage for each and everyone of them?

Is your income as such where you qualify for a subsidy? It's based solely on income-not assets.
The only way you get "fleeced" is if you make more money during the year than what you stated to the exchange.
I can really tell you don't understand the whole system.

Last edited:
You really don't understand how things work. If you pay a small amount for coverage (based on your income) there are monies paid that make up the differences. In my state-the exchange plans (and doctors) are the same that practice -what you call "private" as those on the exchange. There are numerous plans on the exchange-yes they may not take one-but they surly will take another one.

Do you actually know how many "Exchange plans" are offered in your state?
Certainly do...
I was on there today.
The exchanges aren't for me.
Those monies-subsidies paid end up at the end of the year looking like earned income.
I was in the exchanges for years. $1300 a month for garbage insurance.
Got a plan today for $570. No deductible. No wait time as I have nothing new as far as PE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back