Originally Posted By: 2000ltdken
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
7k is NOT a long OCI! Also, you should upgrade to the longer M1-110 if it fits
smile.gif

Thanks!
I don't get a Thanks!?
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Trav
This is one engine you don't want to mess around with long drain intervals. 7K is double what I do it at., Mobil 1 0w40 A3/B4 every 3500 miles with a new filter.
These engines beat the Hades out of the oil and they like to varnish up and have a little issue them with the hydraulic timing chain tensioners.

A UOA will not indicate the level of varnish being created in the engine and believe me it is not cosmetic with some engines like this one and the Honda J35 with VCM.

I'll ditto this remark, that is, if the VQ37 is anything like the VQ35.

When I had my G35, I tried different synthetics and intervals and did a UOA with Blackstone everytime. I could not find a combination that would get me past 6K miles without showing substantial wear. And on top of that, I started burning oil, I first noticed when I was at 1.5 qts in 5K miles. Many years later, at 246K miles, I'm at about 1.5 qts per 1,000 miles (but it still pulled strong).

But every engine is different, and so is every driving style. Monitor your oil level to check for consumption, and no matter what you decide, change your oil regularly, and your engine will likely outlast the rest of your car... even if it does consume LOTS of oil.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back