2023 Outlander PHEV OCI

Hi everyone!
I am looking for some opinions on what people think is a good OCI?
According to Mitsu's owner's manual, our driving is classified as Severe Service, and I agree with it. We have lots of stop and go driving, mix of highway and city, extended idling, and a brutally long winter -40C and colder, in addition to some really hot months in summer +30C.
We put on about 400-500km/week. My plan is to ideally do 2 OCI's a year; specifically before and after winter.

Either
- Amsoil SS 0w20 and EAO filter
or
- Mobil 1 EP 0w20 and Fram Ultra

Thoughts? experience?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
I am looking for some opinions on what people think is a good OCI?
According to Mitsu's owner's manual, our driving is classified as Severe Service, and I agree with it. We have lots of stop and go driving, mix of highway and city, extended idling, and a brutally long winter -40C and colder, in addition to some really hot months in summer +30C.
We put on about 400-500km/week. My plan is to ideally do 2 OCI's a year; specifically before and after winter.

Either
- Amsoil SS 0w20 and EAO filter
or
- Mobil 1 EP 0w20 and Fram Ultra

Thoughts? experience?
Thanks!
5k or 6 month oci’s. I would go with the Mobil 1 no need for the amsoil expense.

I would honestly go with the Mobil 1 EP and the Fram just for ease of availability. The additives would be fine for the start/stop function of the PHEV aspect of the vehicle.

That works out to roughly 13,000km or 8000 miles every six months at 500km a week. Considering how much the engine is actually running it should be fine. I would stick with the M1 as well. That Mitsu motor is well proven.

Owners manual (severe) or OLM. No preference for oil. I think at the rate you are having to change, oil selection won't matter.

Back