"In before the thread lock"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by MrMoody
Originally Posted by atikovi
^THIS

crackmeup2.gif

If Franz Kafka were still around, he would love how discussions of what is allowed on forums are the most likely not to be allowed ... and I think he would delight in saying IBTL.

Was he a BITOG member who died?

Originally Posted by MrMoody
^THIS

crackmeup2.gif

If Franz Kafka were still around, he would love how discussions of what is allowed on forums are the most likely not to be allowed ... and I think he would delight in saying IBTL.

Was he a BITOG member who died?

Yes!

He was the composer of hits like "Put a filter on it", "Thinner is better than Ticker" and "I'm the Crown Vic Michelin Man". And "Sargent Shvek"

This +1!

Originally Posted by gfh77665
Why do people post "In before the thread lock...
coffee2.gif
" ?

when it adds nothing and is so unnecessary? Topic was not overtly political or anything. Just a good discussion of a current event.

"In before the thread lock" didn't get your thread locked...The better question is, why did the mods lock your thread?

Originally Posted by supton
To raise their post count. Same reason they make useless posts like,

^
^1+
or ^THIS

that adds nothing to the thread.

I'll disagree, it does add weight to someone's opinion. It means "I agree with, and thus there are now two (or more) people who hold this position."

👆 this.....‚

The best thing about this is that no one realizes that "in before the lock" is an old trolling method from when the young cool people used forums instead of grumpy old farts.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by jhellwig
The best thing about this is that no one realizes that "in before the lock" is an old trolling method from when the young cool people used forums instead of grumpy old farts.

^THIS!

Originally Posted by Skippy722

^THIS!

+1

Yeah but I think some of those old farts might have been young & cool when IBTL became a thing!

Ironically the same people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back