Ever climb into the wrong car by mistake?

I've walked up to the wrong car in a parking lot, but never got in one. Still embarrassing - you look around to see if anyone saw you.

Never made it into the wrong vehicle, but did try to get into a black Durango about two months ago. It was sitting right next to mine and looked identical on the outside. I couldn't figure out why touching the door handle wouldn't unlock the doors. I took the fob out of my pocket and pushed the unlock button and I heard the doors unlock on the Durango behind me.
I have a Durango story too. I was at the grocery with our 2000 Patriot Blue Dodge Durango SLT Plus. Came out to leave and get into an IDENTICAL 2000 Patriot Blue Dodge Durango SLT Plus sitting two spots aways from ours. I got so far as sitting in the driver's seat and holding the steering wheel, before realizing my error. I quickly fled the scene, hoping nobody saw me do it. It was kind of creepy sitting in a stranger's car like that. I felt like I violated their private space. Ooops.

Scott

I have walked towards the wrong rental but the fob did nothing
We have 100 club decals on our vehicles - that helps …

I have a Durango story too. I was at the grocery with our 2000 Patriot Blue Dodge Durango SLT Plus. Came out to leave and get into an IDENTICAL 2000 Patriot Blue Dodge Durango SLT Plus sitting two spots aways from ours. I got so far as sitting in the driver's seat and holding the steering wheel, before realizing my error. I quickly fled the scene, hoping nobody saw me do it. It was kind of creepy sitting in a stranger's car like that. I felt like I violated their private space. Ooops.

Scott

I got into a red 1990 Ford Probe that was parked three spots away from my car near a bookstore in my home town. I couldn’t get the key to work in the door but it unlocked the trunk. I climbed through the truck into the car and sat down. That car was an automatic…. And had an old Motorola cellular phone in it… My car was stock shift and obviously no cell phone.

I scrambled as fast as I could getting out of that car and then spotted my car three spots away.

Felt bad about that. But was glad that I was able to not get sound in the other car.

Reactions: 4WD
I owned a grey Accord. Yeah, there are only 100,000 of them on the road. I walked up to one and it was locked (I don't lock cars). So I'm like "WTH?" and tried the key. The key didn't work and I got worried. I looked inside and it was dirty, which was a red flag. My car was about three cars away. Whew!

Are you a large person?
No, but it was bad. I was driving a rental (silver or grey sedan) just left a pizza parlor after ordering, it was raining and I knew I parked near a hydrant. I was living in a small town, didn’t lock the door, and just opened it and sat down. Right in this tiny woman’s lap.
It was right up there with putting my arm around a stranger at the store whom I mistook for my wife. Which I’ve done more than once.
And once over the holidays I sat next to and actually kissed my sister in law. Which was somehow actually worse than if it was my actual sister.

No, but I once watched my brother nearly slap the wrong backside... at church :oops:

He thought she was his wife, but she wasn't.
I did that years ago at a Houston Home Show. Wife was right beside me as we walked among the crowd but at some point she meandered away and another woman ended up next to me. I was looking at displays on the left and she was looking right. I said hey look at that gesturing to the left but she didn't respond. To get her attention I reached and firmly grabbed her back end. The woman shrieked and threatened to call the cops if I touch her again. I laugh now but at that moment I wasn't!

A couple of months ago I walked out of the grocery store with a couple of bags in my hands . Opened the door to a white truck and dropped the bags on the passenger seat . That's when I noticed the big Ford emblem on the center of the steering wheel . I drive a Titan . Oops ...

In the 1960's, my mother came out of a store and got into someone else's car nearly identical to ours. '63.5 Galaxie, ming green. She swore that her key not only unlocked the door, but also fit the ignition and started the car. Before she could go further, the owner ran up to the car, shouting. She said that she had just realized that something was wrong.

Back