Impressed with Mobil 1 0w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: kschachn
I'm so confused. Are you more impressed today than you were yesterday?

Good catch! It will have RP HPS 5w30 once I finish this 10K OCI with M1.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: mailman74
Is Tig1 your daddy ?

No, tig1 hacked his account. Now, let's remind deven to get back to Royal Purple and not stray again.
wink.gif

Our one Ford dealership will use RP as a service fill if you request it. Some may be impressed, others not. I didn't ask the price, since I'm sure their price isn't as impressive as that from my RP supplier.

HAHA! I will definitely be going to RP HPS after this OCI is done!

Originally Posted By: deven
Is Tig1 your daddy ?

No, tig1 hacked his account. Now, let's remind deven to get back to Royal Purple and not stray again.
wink.gif

Our one Ford dealership will use RP as a service fill if you request it. Some may be impressed, others not. I didn't ask the price, since I'm sure their price isn't as impressive as that from my RP supplier.

Son, if you are really impressed with M1 0-20 why are you switching back to RP? I thought I raised you better than that.
spankme2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tig1
Is Tig1 your daddy ?

wink.gif

Son, if you are really impressed with M1 0-20 why are you switching back to RP? I thought I raised you better than that.
spankme2.gif

Cuz I always learn the hard way papa!

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Glad you bought a Honda Motors product. We strive to impress

Funny story is that I have a couple of rattles that I needed to get addressed and I was telling the service manager at the dealership how much I despise rattles and he looks me dead in the eye and says you bought the wrong brand of car. Don't you know all Honda products are rattle boxes! Guess what my rattles are still not resolved.

Funny story is that I have a couple of rattles that I needed to get addressed and I was telling the service manager at the dealership how much I despise rattles and he looks me dead in the eye and says you bought the wrong brand of car. Don't you know all Honda products are rattle boxes! Guess what my rattles are still not resolved.

Those service people are always trying to lower expectations as well as assert psychological dominance over us customers.
I once had a Subaru SA tell me with a straight face that I had no business complaining about getting CELs in my FXT unless I ran Shell 93 octane gas. The problem I was having (hard starting sometimes followed by limp mode and a CEL) was solved by software changes a few weeks later.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi

Those service people are always trying to lower expectations as well as assert psychological dominance over us customers.
I once had a Subaru SA tell me with a straight face that I had no business complaining about getting CELs in my FXT unless I ran Shell 93 octane gas. The problem I was having (hard starting sometimes followed by limp mode and a CEL) was solved by software changes a few weeks later.

This guy was the same. I said to him that you're all talk and no work.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I've never seen a Honda that rattles. Even all the old ones I've been in are tight as a drum.

This gives me a little hope that mine will get fixed and stays tight as a drum!

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I've never seen a Honda that rattles. Even all the old ones I've been in are tight as a drum.

We've owned nine Hondas going back to a 1976 Civic and all were remarkably tight and free of rattles out to a couple of hundred thousand in two of them and well past 100K with all but our now 81K '12 Accord.
Of course, four of those cars were built in Ohio and four in Japan and none in Mexico.

Good to know that Honda's are not rattle trap cars!

Off topic but does Honda have a real oil life monitor system? My OLM goes down by 10% every 1,000 miles so its not a real OLM. I was under the impression that Honda's had real OLMs.

Off topic but does Honda have a real oil life monitor system? My OLM goes down by 10% every 1,000 miles so its not a real OLM. I was under the impression that Honda's had real OLMs.

I am sure the OLM in my 2006 is real, as it doesn't count down at exactly the same rate every time.

I ignore the OLM in my 2017 Fusion.

I am with you. I am going to be doing 10,000 mile interval even if the OLM told me otherwise.

Bought a lightly used 2016 Acura RLX about 4 months ago and part of the certified pre-owned check list the dealer swapped the oil and upon inquiry I was told they put in Mobil 1 0w20. My first time ever with an 0w20 oil and I am really impressed with this oil. Last week was extremely cold here and we were in the negative degrees and the car fired up without hesitation and no chatter from the valve train at all in this extreme cold. No knocking, no ticking, no nothing. Very impressed with M1 0w20 so far!!

Your sending mixed signals. You used M1 0W20 but your sig says RP 5W30...unless you have two Acura’s.

Last edited:

Just curious, what is the Ford % iOLM reading at your 10,000 mile OCI? The iOLM in our 2017 2.3 EB Explorer seems to track 10% use per 1,000 miles driven, no matter the driving conditions, winter or summer, everyday or vacation highway driving.

Whimsey

At some point, Honda went from the old mileage counter MM to an IOLM.
Our newer Accord does show differences in MM decay rate depending upon driving conditions.
For the IOLM equipped cars, Honda recommends OCIs based upon the MM alone, with a maximum interval of a year.
I've seen well over 1K per 10% decay as well as quite a bit less with our car.

Originally Posted By: Whimsey

Just curious, what is the Ford % iOLM reading at your 10,000 mile OCI? The iOLM in our 2017 2.3 EB Explorer seems to track 10% use per 1,000 miles driven, no matter the driving conditions, winter or summer, everyday or vacation highway driving.

Whimsey

I really have no idea. I just re-set the OLM when it comes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back