If you could only have one battery charger...

The Pro Logix has had a pretty good following here for a number of years. It has a feature to get deep discharged batteries going. It's value priced also.

I have the 2310 and it’s amazing. It’s rejuvenated several batteries for me. The only change I would make is getting a higher current model.

I have the 2310 and it’s amazing. It’s rejuvenated several batteries for me. The only change I would make is getting a higher current model.

I know these are good units for supervised charging, Id like one.

what's a little unclear about these is what the logic is per charging setting and how it works completely unsupervised for extended times.

For example lets say its plugged in in a remote shed on a lawnmower battery at 2AH- what happens when the power burps and it comes back on? How low an amperage can it charge at? Can it charge down to .1 amp all the way to 2 or is 2 just 2 ?

I dont know anyone using one as a maintainer - only a charger.

Id like to know more.

The manual (which should be available online) details how the Pro-Logic charges, first to try to freshen the plates, then to achieve the voltage, then after that’s done goes into a float mode where it will turn off the charger so it doesn’t cook the battery. When voltage drops to a certain point in the maintenance phase, it kicks back on. Mine has standard, AGM & gel types, then 1, 2, and 10A charge rates. Although I believe that is just the maximum- the logic will actually throttle the current to what the battery needs. At least that’s what I seem to remember reading 😂

I’ve had mine on as a maintainer through the winter before, but with all the extra wiring, being able to knock the clamps off… I bought the NOCO Genius2D that mounts to the vehicle and has a plug- kind of like a diesel block heater. It’s out of the way and I just coil the cord around it & use the included Velcro to secure when not using.

Both units, however, I don’t know if they resume the last state if power loss occurs. Haven’t had any while they’re plugged in.

The manual (which should be available online) details how the Pro-Logic charges, first to try to freshen the plates, then to achieve the voltage, then after that’s done goes into a float mode where it will turn off the charger so it doesn’t cook the battery. When voltage drops to a certain point in the maintenance phase, it kicks back on. Mine has standard, AGM & gel types, then 1, 2, and 10A charge rates. Although I believe that is just the maximum- the logic will actually throttle the current to what the battery needs. At least that’s what I seem to remember reading 😂

I’ve had mine on as a maintainer through the winter before, but with all the extra wiring, being able to knock the clamps off… I bought the NOCO Genius2D that mounts to the vehicle and has a plug- kind of like a diesel block heater. It’s out of the way and I just coil the cord around it & use the included Velcro to secure when not using.

Both units, however, I don’t know if they resume the last state if power loss occurs. Haven’t had any while they’re plugged in.

Yeah I looked at the manual.

It's got some stuff, and the example shows a dead battery curve being charged at 21 amps, no mention of how it decides to throttle or when - its notably missing AH ranges for the logic like every other manufacturer has.

I consider it not feature complete however for 20 amp use - a 20 amp and up charger should have its temperature sensor in the positive clamp like the CTEK 2500 does.

although not a problem, for me - I cant just hand this to someone and tell them to plug it in - they have to select things and they can get it wrong.

That said I still want this unit.

I use this one for every big charge and use the norco genius for trickle chargers. The norco go on sale at amazon all the time

Looks interesting but I cant seem to find some important info

Is it IP 65 rated to sit outside? In not interested in a charger that cant get rained on.

What is its range that it can accommodate from low end to top end?

Look at the manuals for these three chargers and notice that the AH range is clearly spelled out right on the front of the manual.

CTEK 2500- 50-500
Optimate 6 3-240
CTEK 7002 - 14-150

charger manuals.jpeg

Looks interesting but I cant seem to find some important info

Is it IP 65 rated to sit outside? In not interested in a charger that cant get rained on.

What is its range that it can accommodate from low end to top end?

Look at the manuals for these three chargers and notice that the AH range is clearly spelled out right on the front of the manual.

CTEK 2500- 50-500
Optimate 6 3-240
CTEK 7002 - 14-150

View attachment 115688
I think I missed that you wanted it for outside. I don't think it's rated for that.

Edit: Yup, manual specifically states not to expose it to rain

I'd get one of the old buzz boxes that do 6V, 12V-2A, and 12V-6A.
My BMW buzzbox that came with 1991 R100 is great. Charges my 12V batt in the Maverick. Charged my riding lawn mower last week, charges my new BMW motorcycle and does so without being monitored. Love mine. These were made by Shumacher. Seen brand new looking ones on Ebay for around 50 beans.

I think I missed that you wanted it for outside. I don't think it's rated for that.

Edit: Yup, manual specifically states not to expose it to rain

I dont see an Ah rating in there?

Looks like a pretty good charger, but I wouldnt take their big charger and put it on a small genset battery.

My " you can only have one" charger and yours may not be the same, but leaving it outside for 4 seasons is one of my basic needs.

Last edited:
Back