CTEK CS-ONE "Adaptive" Smart Charger ?

Perhaps.

Regardless, the Optimate is more flexible covering a wider range of AH.

CTEK pushes the 2500 for RV's, (which I have as well and love ) but it lacks an AGM setting and has a much higher bottom AH point.
You are missing the point of this new product. It has the AH range for most cars, trucks, SUVs and even motorcycles and ATVs. It will work with all common battery types. It has automatic temperature compensation. It is designed to be simple...something for the average car owner that doesn't want (or can) think or deal with reading instructions and cycling through modes...just attach the clamps, plug it in and walk away.

You are missing the point of this new product. It has the AH range for most cars, trucks, SUVs and even motorcycles and ATVs. It will work with all common battery types. It has automatic temperature compensation. It is designed to be simple...something for the average car owner that doesn't want (or can) think or deal with reading instructions and cycling through modes...just attach the clamps, plug it in and walk away.

I get it. its just not compelling enough for me to prefer.

It's a great charger. Prob my #2 choice.

I like my ctek products I just like my optimates a bit more.

Most of these in this range have ambient temp sensing, the higher powered 2500 uses a sensor attached to the positive clamp.

I get it. its just not compelling enough for me to prefer.

It's a great charger. Prob my #2 choice.

I like my ctek products I just like my optimates a bit more.

Most of these in this range have ambient temp sensing, the higher powered 2500 uses a sensor attached to the positive clamp.
Optimate is on my list for the next charger I buy...but I have so many I really don't need another at the moment. But that is the one I will get, they look really nice.

Hmmm...an app-controlled battery charger that also requires registering for an account to fully utilize all features.

Let me consider that for a brief moment…umm, no, not for me.

I'm not technology averse; far from it, but there are clear cases the call for IoT, and clear cases where it doesn't. An electron pusher doesn't, in my book.

Back