Idiots at the gas station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dishdude
SOP at Costco

Pretty standard at costco, they have hoses that are easily long enough , so no reason not to get into the shorter line.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Blaze
Was there ever a car built with the filler on BOTH SIDES of the auto?
lol.gif

I don't know, but there is a Shell station about 8 miles from me with pump nozzles on both sides (only wide enough for one car between)
laugh.gif

Here is the street view, you can see the numbered pumps on both sides:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.9042836,-1.6306328,3a,30y,215.72h,93.55t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sT-rjnNX5S3vYRVyVt3tzDA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

lol.gif

Yes, quite a few...one of which was a Jaguar.
Fuel-lids.jpg

lol.gif

My truck does, one for each tank.

Originally Posted By: turbodieselfreak
I hate the guy who takes the one diesel pump....for GAS! Pet peeve.

If they sell gas too there completely fair game.

Nothing wrong with filling with the hose across the vehicle ... that's why the hose is that long in the first place.

What annoys me at the Filling Station is when people don't pull up to the furthest pump, making others to either drive around them (if possible) or drive to the other side and back in to the pump the idiot should be using, not me.

Looking at the photo, it looks like the driver on the left side has done exactly that, and there is a vehicle there that could be filling up as the photo was snapped. Which does make him an idiot.

SOP at Costco

I just don't understand the rhythms of shopping for gas at Costco. Every time I go by the place, they're lined up 6 cars deep at every pump. (Even more on Saturday and Sunday). And what's funny, is they're only 2 to 3 cents cheaper per gallon than the station across the street that has no line.

These people sit in their cars with the engines running and the A/C on waiting their turn. Not to mention Costco is 4 miles from my house. The ARCO is only 1. So I end up driving 3 miles less, pull right up to the pump, and only pay 2 cents more a gallon.

Originally Posted By: Silk
lol.gif

Jaguar XJ6, Mini Cooper S.

Aston Martin Lagonda has a filler on each side, one tank...but it's not really an everyday car!

In Europe, most stations have a very long hose that automatically rolls around the hose holder (a bit like a garden hose), so you can pick whatever pump. Also most of the time two sorts of diesel at every pump
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad

What annoys me at the Filling Station is when people don't pull up to the furthest pump, making others to either drive around them (if possible) or drive to the other side and back in to the pump the idiot should be using, not me.

And then they go in to pay, buy smokes and lottery tickets, come back out and wash their windows
mad.gif

I like that many pumps now have the Visa payWave option - I wanting to gas up and get going...

Originally Posted By: billt460
SOP at Costco

I just don't understand the rhythms of shopping for gas at Costco. Every time I go by the place, they're lined up 6 cars deep at every pump. (Even more on Saturday and Sunday). And what's funny, is they're only 2 to 3 cents cheaper per gallon than the station across the street that has no line.

These people sit in their cars with the engines running and the A/C on waiting their turn. Not to mention Costco is 4 miles from my house. The ARCO is only 1. So I end up driving 3 miles less, pull right up to the pump, and only pay 2 cents more a gallon.

My costco is probably 20cents less. I don't go out of my way to go there. But when i need to fill the avalanche, its 30 gallons. So i get top tier fuel about $5.00 less for the tank full while i'm there anyway. I don't go at peak times.

SOP at Costco

Costco also has a credit card where you get 4% back on gas so that $3 gas works out to 12 cents off. Also depends what they're filling up on, I notice their markup on Premium isn't as bad as other stations.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
SOP at Costco

Costco also has a credit card where you get 4% back on gas so that $3 gas works out to 12 cents off. Also depends what they're filling up on, I notice their markup on Premium isn't as bad as other stations.

I use my costo credit card there as well.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Based on the thread title I was expecting much worse. For instance smoking around the pumps or steping over the fuel hose. Must happen often since there's a recording not to do both at one of the newer stations I go to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8uyGJzwo58

That was funny,
lol.gif
that employee deserves a raise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back