3 Found dead from carbon monoxide in car, officals say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3 US Marines found at North Carolina gas station died of carbon monoxide poisoning, officials say​

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Three U.S. Marines found unresponsive in a car at a North Carolina gas station died of carbon monoxide poisoning, the local sheriff’s office said Wednesday.

Really old out of tune Lexus. Drunk? Windows up tight. At a gas station. Come on.. I call foul play

Carbon monoxide binds to hemoglobin with a much greater affinity than O2 - like 250x greater affinity. The end result is that it doesn't take much CO to bind to all of the available O2 sites on hemoglobin and cause severe hypoxia. Add to that the fact that it is colorless and orderless and it's a very dangerious situation.

I and many of my teenage friends have passed out in running vehicles. Winter time. Pa rotted bodies with holes for the exhaust to enter cabin. Windows up and heater on. Guys mom thought we were dead one morning. I am not buying it. Something does not add up. Granted God was watching out for us but....... I sit and idle my current vehicle for hours at a time now when on standby, Windows up and ac on. Sometimes fall asleep

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back