I did something crazy... went to a VIOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the big reason is I got banned from doing oil changes in the parking lot at work after spilling several gallons of tranny fluid on the ground there...

The shop across the street will do it for me for $15 if I supply oil and filter but I gotta make an appointment and leave the vehicle all day... can't always do that.

I'm not gonna make a habit of going to VIOC but honestly occasionally the Suburban and Escape might end up there sometimes... Now the Vic is going to go on a diet of RP HPS so no VIOC for it...

Last edited:
There’s a Valvoline oil change shop just down the road from my work. Seems to be run professionally and by nice people from the dealings I’ve had with them. They’ve referred several customers to us for jobs that are beyond their capabilities.

Their Maxlife synthetic blend oil change and tire rotation is twice the price of our The Works package using Motorcraft. I’ve sent several customers over there who demand their vehicle be done in 15 minutes and we not check anything just do an oil change. They usually come right back.

I do all my own oil changes but my kids are driving my Hondas, one in LA, one in Portland, both live in apartments. I love the service of VIOC. I like to be sitting in my car, you get to somewhat watch the whole show. For the Civic in LA which does a 4 miles 45 minute drive one way to work and the same back again every day I want 10w-40HM in it and they tell me what is recommended and put in what I want (Maxlife). I ask them to put in four quarts of oil (it is a 3.8 qt system with filter) and again, no problem. Tire pressure is 30/29, I want 32/32, no problem. The point being is that they are very accommodating and my kids can stop by there anytime to have the oil and tire pressure checked for free. I get emailed coupons all the time from them so I'm out the door for $65.

I have been going to Valvoline for just about all of my oil changes, windshield wipers, etc. for the better part of 15 years. Never a problem, they do things right.

I know this goes against the BITOG mission statement, but I do it anyway. 2 hours of my life over the course of a year (change every 6 months), and some money paid to the boys at VIOC gets her done!

Originally Posted by Rand
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
dogememe
You paid 1/3rd too much. Should have been $30 after taxes and disposal.

Triple_se7en you paid too much my last oil change was 14$ including 5qts of motul 5w30 and a bosch filter.

You paid too much.
My last oil change cost me $3.57 (6 qts Magnatec and Bosch D+ Filter).
laugh.gif

Not as good as a few changes that I was paid to do (free oil filter and $13 oil with a $20 rebate).

I agree with the others though, if you feel you paid a fair price for the services received, then that is what matters.
Odd they would not give you the old filter, but it may be a Cali disposal thing, or just company policy.

At $160/oil change I can see why some people may not want to change their oil like they should though. Still cheaper in the long run to do it though (if keeping the vehicle more than 3 years)
I forget how much I actually save doing repairs myself. The last time I had to pay for vehicle work was over $500 (bad computer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back