I closed on my first home on Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HangFire
Congratulations!

Looks like those bushes need a bit of trimming... (just yanking your chain).
smile.gif

Make lists and keep records of everything. In 10 years you'll be like "I just fixed that last year" and when you look at your records, it'll be 8 years ago!

Haha, well I wish I had current picture. The grass has been mowed and bushes trimmed since that picture was taken. Also some fresh paint.

Congradts! My brother's son bought his first house recently. He found some things he needed to take care of. My brother's comment, it never ends.

Looks nice! Those big bushes on the right sorta bothered me. The landscaping part of me wanted you to tear them out.
smile.gif

Very nice, simple home. I love it. You will appreciate things like the simple roof lines when the time comes to re-shingle it.

If you decide to trim the bushes, learn the proper way to maintain the branch form. Don't just hedge them back. You should be able to pull them back quite a bit, still maintaining a natural branch form vs. butchering them.

While you're at it, rent the bad Tom Hanks movie "Money Pit" for a few laughs about home ownership.

I wish you the best on your new adventure. We bought our first home in 1979. Brings back memories.

Congrats! I've never been more nervous than at the closing. I learned a few things this time around and if we buy another home we'll use that knowledge. Ninety percent of the time owning is great.

Congrats on the new house! And you have absolutely bought the best house as far as maintenance is concerned - shallow roof,easy to check up on and repair, one story - everything is accessible with a ladder or short scaffold. Only advice I can give is to be sure to drench the place in Termidor termite killer. It will be worth your time. You can get any pest control needs at domyown dot com. I emphasize this because of your Florida location.

Good luck and fine work old man!

That's a beautiful home!! I see it was built in the 50s. Houses from that era are SO much better than the ones built today and hold their value. I love that corner lot!!
cheers3.gif

Yep good job on the ranch style home, for cooling purposes we save tons of money. Most of the multi story houses near me have dual air conditioning systems.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
All the things mentioned like attic ventilation and etc, if lacking, will likely have been noted by the professional home inspector that was required during the purchase negotiations. If Florida requires that. We do here. And the home inspector will always find something to ding, because that is what the buyer is paying them for. Our 2nd house I thought I had it perfect before listing it but the buyer's inspector still found a couple mickey mouse things needing correction.

Oh, and congrats on your first house.

Or he will say everything is perfect. I was told that...wound up needing a new furnace, septic work, and a total roof replacement, including stripping off seven layers of shingles. Turns out the guy pencil-whipped the "inspection" and didn't actually inspect anything.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
That's a beautiful home!! I see it was built in the 50s. Houses from that era are SO much better than the ones built today and hold their value. I love that corner lot!!
cheers3.gif

This is what I have always read, the inspector had nothing but good things to say about the home. I have always liked older homes for their character.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
Congrats Greg !!

Yes, some landscaping would really spruce the place up.
My wife and I could come down from Canada about January and help you ....
We could stay in the spare room 'til about April
thumbsup2.gif

Feel free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back