Huskey or Weathertech floorliners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
I had Weathertech ones in the Charger and they fit well, however the ones for the Jeep were very poor fitting and I ended up trading them for the Husky Liners, which we had in the Durango, and fit extremely well. The dummy pedal on the Husky liner is also significantly taller, so you aren't getting snow/salt/water down in behind the liner with your foot on it, like was the case with the Weathertech ones.

I had used Weathertechs in my last 2 P/U's, including my newest ram but decided to give Husky's a try this go around with my wife's new Impala.

Like OK mentioned above, the Husky's fit a bit better in places and overcome the shortcomings of WT's that allow salt/dirt/snow to get underneath them.

I also purchased the Husky's for my wife's car, front an backs, for around a $100 dollars cheaper than what the WeatherTechs would have cost.
I recommend them highly, especially when you can keep a $100 bucks in your pocket to boot.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
From the youtube videos that I've watched, the Huskey's seemed to have taken the WeatherTech just that little bit further
in terms if fitment. As the Husky's seem to go up the sides of the floor a bit higher and hold to the vehicle carpet just a
bit better due to it's nubs underneath.

Agreed. I noticed Husky Weatherbeaters covered almost the entire dead pedal area on my Mustang. Weathertech only went halfway up.

Love my Husky Weatherbeaters.

Is Husky an American company that operates only in the USA and gives back to the community? That is Weathertech so my vote is for them.

Competition is good, yes?

Someone here recommended 3-DMaxpider floor mats. Silly name, to be sure.

They were only available for newer cars. I assume the company is young.

Bought 'em for a 2016 Mazda3 hatch-back.

ABSOLUTELY FIRST CLASS for a passenger car. I've had WeatherTechs as well. They're good.

I've had RENSI's in the past. They're good too.

A shop near me sells SINGLE MATS for driver's side. That's cool.

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
Being from North Carolina, you may be interested to know Weathertech is a stubbornly American-based flag-waving anti-NAFTA manufacturer. Check out their website.
Thanks for the info, I’ll avoid them in the future.

We sell Weathertech at my work and frankly I have been disappointed with every set I have seen. For as much as they cost, they don't seem to fit well. Plus almost every set we have sold the past 6 months or so has either been flat out rejected or laid in the vehicle and returned. Note this is mostly on Ford trucks. We will sell the Ford branded accessory liners which are a lot less money and customers seem a lot happier with them. It has got to the point where when customers or sales people ask about them I say that lately they have all been returned for poor fitment, but I will order them if they want them.

Bought a set of WT for my Ram. Complete disappointment.

Thin, barely go up the sides, and fit was pathetic. One visit to the beach, and the mess got between the mat and the floor and made it harder to clean than if I just put my feet straight on the floor. The OEM floor mats I pilfered from a wrecked GMC did a better job than the laser cut ones for my Dodge.

If they're going to be proud to be American, they better start acting like it.

I'm ready to try Husky.

Bought a set of Husky for my F150 a week or so after I bought the truck. They are holding up well, provides good coverage and protection, and were way cheaper than WT. Ive never owned a set of WT to compare, but really dont need a comparison at this point.

I have always purchased Weathertech liners for my vehicles. When I had a Caravan with Stow n Go it was pretty miserable to move them to stow the middle seat, but the coverage was great. I have them in most my vehicles now, the Honda and Nissan liners are amazing, the GMC mats don't quite cover like I would expect but are adequate. Quality is top notch and they do what they are supposed to when it comes to protecting the floor. Ive never tried Husky liners, Weathertech mats are made locally so I buy them at Weathertech directly to not pay shipping. The Weathertech factory store in Bolingbrook IL is a really cool place, they even have a free full coffee bar to make coffee drinks while you wait for your order to come up.

We've had WT form fit in the 2009 Flex driver and passenger floor from day 1. I don't like the way the sides buckle inwards - leaves a gap allowing the dirt to get to the carpet. I wash them with hot water, try to get the sides to cool with the 'buckling' forced out, but it returns.

I will try another brand next time.

I had three rows of Huskey liners in our 2013 Grand Caravan and a Weathertech in the back. Both are made well and fitment was good with all. Other than that I hated them. Sure they'll "protect" your carpeting to a degree, but when they get too wet, water WILL run over the edges and soak the carpeting underneath. It will just stagnate and get moldy at that point. You still have the potential of getting your shoes and pant cuffs wet and nasty as dirt/water/debris just smears around on them until you get a chance to hose them off, which is impossible in the winter for the most part and when you "need" these mats the most.

Been trying to unload all those mats on CL since May. No takers even at $100/all OBO. LOL.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
Being from North Carolina, you may be interested to know Weathertech is a stubbornly American-based flag-waving anti-NAFTA manufacturer. Check out their website.
Thanks for the info, I’ll avoid them in the future.

Sounds like a great company to me. Nothing wrong with love of country and NAFTA was not good for the USA.

KORUS is worse IMO ... they don’t buy our products …
NAFTA includes a great business partner and brains to the north … cheap labor to the south … need to ditch China and build Walmart junk down south ...

I've had my Husky liners for almost 10 years. Very sturdy and I like them, but they lack the refined look of the Weathertechs.

That said, I am not sure where they are made. Bought them mail order from Cabela's. I don't think there were any other options for me at the time.

Weathertech all the way here. Fit is so tight they are hard to remove. Almost nothing gets past them!

Just rinse them with water and they look like new again...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Weathertech all the way here. Fit is so tight they are hard to remove. Almost nothing gets past them!

Just rinse them with water and they look like new again...

Yeah … I have been reading along the comments wrt Weather Tech Fit thinking ? Mine fit great …

Last edited:
Weathertech spends the most on advertising hence the reason they cost more. I had a set and sent them back for Husky Weather Beaters when I noticed they didn't cover the entire dead pedal area, and also noticed Weather Beaters have gone through a face lift when I received my second set for another car.

Husky Weather Beaters are American designed and manufactured, look simlar, fit better, and are a better buy for the money, no one can desput that if you take a good look at both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back