Huskey or Weathertech floorliners

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had Weathertechs on the old car. The driver's side didn't go flush against the sill (passenger and rear did). The adhesive on the Weathertech logo went soft, so the logo shifted around a bit.

With floor mounted pedals, you don't get protection, as the mats go around the pedals.

I've seen BMW ones, on my buddy's 5-series, that had an extremely shallow tub design.

The weathertechs fit pretty good in my minivan, although the dead pedal coverage is poor. Not a big deal for me.
Doing my research, I liked Husky liners better, but I could not find a set locally and if I remember correctly, the online prices were ridiculous, so I went with weathertechs.

I could see the deep groove Husky being good in sloppy snow … but the simple patterns suit me … wisk broom, paper towels, armor all ~ and don’t have to remove unless “we” got muddy
wink.gif

My actual favorite are the GM aftermarket … one of these outfits might have made them …

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Only you don’t get to decide what gets disputed here

Speaking of disputes, if I want liners for the G37, there are no Husky ones, just Weathertech, so the dispute is solved.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Weathertech all the way here. Fit is so tight they are hard to remove. Almost nothing gets past them!

Just rinse them with water and they look like new again...

Yeah … I have been reading along the comments wrt Weather Tech Fit thinking ? Mine fit great …

I don't think anyone is arguing about fitment, at least I am not. What myself and others are saying is, the Husky's just go a little wider and higher in places and therefore cover better. That is one thing I hate about my Weather techs, they don't go up and under the gas pedal higher and they are also lacking on the left side as well.
Personally, I don't think either set will ever wear out as quality is good with both, it's just that the Husky's go that extra bit width and length wise making them protect better, imo.

Last edited:
There is about 3” of gap under my gas pedal and I definitely want it that way …

Speaking of disputes, if I want liners for the G37, there are no Husky ones, just Weathertech, so the dispute is solved.
wink.gif
[/quote]
===========================================================================================
Just wished we had either back when I used to chase your geese home with a 12 gauge … swear my old PowerWagon used to come home with 100 kg of mud on the outside and 10 kg inside
wink.gif

There is about 3” of gap under my gas pedal and I definitely want it that way …

Each to their own but I am guessing if you lived in a snow belt area, you'd quickly change your mind. Nothing worse than spending $250+ on weathertech floor mats only to see salt/snow and other sh*t still get on your carpeting.
mad.gif

No ... I don’t want a stiff piece of plastic too close to a gas pedal
I have lived and worked lots of places with snow …

Just wished we had either back when I used to chase your geese home with a 12 gauge … swear my old PowerWagon used to come home with 100 kg of mud on the outside and 10 kg inside
wink.gif

Either would have been a miracle in the taxis back then, too.

After flipping through this thread, I just ordered Husky x-act fit mats for the front of my Tahoe for $100. Never spent that much on floor mats before. I'll find out tomorrow how they fit. Probably better than the almost new generic ones I found at the car wash by the garbage can.

Last edited:
Had and liked them both. Only caution is that the Husky's seem to have a smoother finish and can get slick w/ water or slush and leather soled dress shoes. Not and issue when driving, just on entry/exit.

Seems both are good but if you read reviews for a given vehicle model, one might edge out the other. Subtle details making the difference between the two as which is best.

If you don't like the Husky X-act Contours, you probably think that Subway has the same sandwich as Jersey Mike's....

Whatever is cheaper. They are both decent products. In my experience, the Husky ones fold or roll more on the edges than the WT. The wife has the Husky's and I have the WT. I have heard that some WT's roll a bit on the sides though also.

Weather techs in my Tacoma. The edges bend up may take a heat gun to fix them. Other than that they work pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back