HULU Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon Prime and Netflix has me covered. $15/month for both, will never go back to cable or sat

I did the same - plus HULU.
But I can't say I will never go back to cable or satellite. I miss my local pro sports teams, which is exclusive on cable/satellite. Only one that remains on free antenna TV are the Detroit Lions. I sure do miss watching the Detroit Red Wings, Pistons and Tigers.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
I did the same - plus HULU.
But I can't say I will never go back to cable or satellite. I miss my local pro sports teams, which is exclusive on cable/satellite. Only one that remains on free antenna TV are the Detroit Lions. I sure do miss watching the Detroit Red Wings, Pistons and Tigers.

I suspect that, one day, we'll be able to buy television services a la carte, direct from the providers. Want ESPN? Pay $2/month or whatever and add that channel to your Roku or Apple TV. You already see that in one form or another with the NFL and MLB channels. They're offered by those sports organizations and not by traditional cable networks like ESPN, yes, but I do believe the business model is beginning to change.

Hulu Plus + Vudu + Amazon will get you 95% of all the big TV shows. HBO of course doesn't release stuff online except for current subscribers, so you'll always be a season behind.

Coincidentally I was doing some research/math last night and discovered that every show I watch is on those three services. If I completely cut off the cable TV portion of my Comcast service, it would work out to about a $12/month savings even with the above subscription/purchase prices. Only thing I'd miss out on is The Newsroom since it's on HBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back