How to do two tone paint when the darker color is primary?

This is just a generic picture but my truck is quite similar. Its called "Magnetic Metallic" and was thinking of doing a two tone bottom at the body line. However I never see any with the lighter color on the bottom. Any ideas what would go well with it?

1709146641965.jpg

If you paint the lower section a different color or tone I woukd expect the result to look unbalanced. I think just having the midsection of the side panels in a different color would look more pleasing.

Does Ford offer any two-tone paint options currently?

The outermost fender flair dimension is busy. There's less elegance available with a boxy body.
vvr's side panel highlighting might be the route to examine.
Thank goodness for computerized art aids.

A silver side treatment might get funky against those silver wheels in the OP's example.....or look OK.
See if coloring the roof (and pillars?) the same as the side treatment chosen works.

JOKE: Mimic/continue the 2 wheel arches' dimension on the doors.
Four hump de humps making up the side of the truck!

You could always go to a place that does wraps to see their color charts for ideas and get it wrapped. My buddy had a 17 f150 that was dark maroon with a beige wrap on and just above the rocker panel and also the wheel arches and it looked pretty good

Seeing as we are talking about a Ford I always liked the Eddie Bauer edition Fords. I had a 93 Bronco Eddie Bauer. That dark tan went well with all the colors. It also helped that there was a red stripe to split the colors up

Don

In my eyes you will need to do the bumpers as well to tie it all in……otherwise it might look unfinished.

Given that the picture of your truck looks like green/gray (at least on my monitor). I would go with a light green for contrast, like this:
truck 3.jpg

Back