How to buy a car privately?

I think I said that after reading your reply to me. We were able to go to the auction location, inspect cars and with whatever fee we were going to pay would be able to put in bids. No need for me to comment further, we were there, on location and as I said 10 years ago, maybe it was 13.
You're implying a used car dealer, that is incorrect. The words broker are clearly used in the links provided. I can only assume if the same rules were in affect 10 to 13 years ago that there were brokers onsite.

From the link I provided
"Licensed Brokers are experienced buyers with the ability to help individuals and businesses purchase practically any vehicle from any IAA auction. They can also provide assistance with domestic transportation and often help with shipping vehicles to international destinations."
Bottom line is an individual/ private party in many states to include South Carolina can't buy a motor vehicle at auction. The definition of a broker is irrelevant. ATIKOVI is a used car dealer, but he is not a broker. Yet he can, for example, buy a car for you at auction in South Carolina. But you can't purchase that same car yourself at auction.

And for inspection, the major auction houses currently allow inspections only on the day before the auction, typically from 10am to 2pm. No tools can be [art of the inspection such as a scanner. One can't start, drive, etc as part of the inspection.

The reason an individual in many states can't buy a car at auction is to restrain trade. Just that simple. Car dealers in many states have a very strong lobby.

Bottom line is an individual/ private party in many states to include South Carolina can't buy a motor vehicle at auction. The definition of a broker is irrelevant. ATIKOVI is a used car dealer, but he is not a broker. Yet he can, for example, buy a car for you at auction in South Carolina. But you can't purchase that same car yourself at auction.

And for inspection, the major auction houses currently allow inspections only on the day before the auction, typically from 10am to 2pm. No tools can be [art of the inspection such as a scanner. One can't start, drive, etc as part of the inspection.

The reason an individual in many states can't buy a car at auction is to restrain trade. Just that simple. Car dealers in many states have a very strong lobby.
Well, I can tell you we were going to be allowed into an auction to buy a car. Whether a broker was going to be available to handle the transaction I cant remember, there was a fee involved, a one day fee if I remember. We will never agree but then again, you weren't onsite like we were.

Well, I can tell you we were going to be allowed into an auction to buy a car. Whether a broker was going to be available to handle the transaction I cant remember, there was a fee involved, a one day fee if I remember. We will never agree but then again, you weren't onsite like we were.
I bought numerous vehicles at auction in multiple states over the past five plus years. Some of the purchases have been posted in BITOG. I might know how it works....

Back