How many vehicle accidents have you been in?

Only 1 thankfully and just last year after 20 years of driving and not my fault. Was sitting at a light and had been stopped for over 30 seconds when another vehicle rear ended us going about 45. Totaled his Focus and did minimal outward damage to my Jeep but upon further inspection it needed a new frame as the rear rails were bent in. Shame as it was only a couple months old and hadn't even made it to the first oil change..
IMG_4734[1].JPG
IMG_4739[1].JPG

When I was driving? 1 Hit a car in a snowstorm that went halfway into the ditch in front of me. 2 Hit a telephone pole because...alcohol. 3 Missed a car that was in my lane on a corner but left the roadway and hit someone's shed, alcohol also involved not direct cause but probably would have been avoided by better reaction times of a sober driver. 4 Ran off the road way on a county road in a snowstorm and buried truck in a creek because...alcohol. 5 Trapped in the middle of an interstate pile up during an ice storm. 6. Rear ended at a stoplight.

I'm not sure I can remember all the ones where I was not driving. Let my driving history be a lesson and DO NOT drink and drive.

Just one so far in 28 years of driving, my fault. Tried to pass a lady on a ice covered road in my 03 Tracker and forgot it was in 2wd, and it was on questionable original all season tires, and I had been driving for 6 hours... Its a data point for my "only do 1 stupid thing at once, and you'll be ok" theory as I was doing 3 stupid things at once and didn't get away with it... No snow tires, passing on ice, and driving tired.
I went sideways right beside her minivan and love tapped her rear tire, and we spun gracefully into the nice wide ditch separately. We got lucky with no real damage on each car and neither of us made a claim. I think I got a $200 fine for driving to fast for the conditions as I wasn't even speeding when I was passing.
Living out in the country, you better not get into accidents regularly because odds are they are going to be severe...

Just one, I hit a deer crossing a road at 60MPH while passing and 18 wheeler. Broke windshield and broke side mirror with subtle dent that caused taillight to leak.

nothing else in 30 years behind wheel.

My Subaru Forester has a dent that looks like someone was tossed off a second floor balcony and landed on my hood. I have no idea about the dent. About $1500 to fix, as most likely needs a new hood. And windshield has crack near rearview mirror. No idea about that either. We live in the woods. Insurance paid for it under comprehensive. I said maybe it was a bear.

Does this count as an accident?
Yes but just bearly 🤣

Backed into a pickup with my '78 Monza in a grocery store parking lot (1986)
Lady turned left in front of me on a residential street, and I hit her in my '90 Talon, which I'd just bought 2 hours prior. (1991)
Hit a deer on the interstate with the same car 5 months later. (1991)
Attempting to make a left turn out of a parking lot with cars parked on the street (blind to oncoming traffic), pulled out in front of someone and he mashed my driver's door (2001)

No more for me, thanks.

Knock on wood, I have not been hit by nor hit another vehicle in the 9 years I’ve been driving.

When I was 16 or 17 I backed into my parents house in the van, pushed the corner of the bumper in was the only damage. Also clipped a mailbox with the mirror of the van a few months later, replaced the mirror glass since it flew off and shattered, mailbox was fine.

Spun out in both the van and my Kia Forte Koup... driving too fast in the snow with not nearly enough driving experience (17-18 years old), no damage either time but lessons were learned.

Hit a deer with the Durango... $5,000 in damage.

Hit a raccoon with the Caliber, knocked the ambient temperature sensor off. Reattached with green electrical tape.

Backed the 300 into a telephone pole, small dent in the quarter panel and broke the tail light. An amazing feat considering I had a backup camera, 8.4” display for said camera, AND rear parking sensors. I no longer answer the phone while driving even if I have hands free.

Hit a deer with the truck before I got to make the first payment... no damage to the truck, couldn’t find the deer so I assume I barely tapped it.

I had an older man turn right in front of me. We hit about head on going 25 mph. I had enough time to brace myself, slam on the brakes, and say some naughty words. 96 Nissan 200sx. Both airbags deployed. Car was totaled, but we both walked away. I really liked that car.

I’ve been rear ended twice. The first one totaled my Camry, the second wasn’t too bad in my 15’ Sonata.

Yesterday I was almost in a pileup on the freeway, cars started sliding sideways into each other at 70 mph, was pretty bad.

Back