How do you usually cut your toast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what a great thread topic.
zman, m.o.m.,and (formerly) merk -- the big 3 of entertainment on bitog.the board needs someone to step up that can think up .... interesting... thread topics, to replace merk.
we still haven't gone through the toilet paper -- over or under debate, or toilet seat -- up or down debate, yet.
keep 'em coming, zman.have a good day.

Originally Posted By: yeti
zman, m.o.m.,and (formerly) merk -- the big 3 of entertainment on bitog.the board needs someone to step up that can think up .... interesting... thread topics, to replace merk.
we still haven't gone through the toilet paper -- over or under debate, or toilet seat -- up or down debate, yet.

Lol, at least someone is keeping it real.

What comes next after toast? How you cut your cheese? What do you dip your Chicken McNuggets into? There's so much yet to ask and apparently unrestricted bandwidth to do so.

Originally Posted By: yeti

Yeti, a good one for the group: clicky linky

I prefer mine whole,covered in real butter,and either grape jelly or honey. I love cinnamon toast too and also apple butter.

Sorry, can we address the elephant in the room.....quarters? who in the world would even do that?

That being said, I don't cut them and SOS is awesome, still make it once and a while.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I prefer mine whole,covered in real butter,and either grape jelly or honey. I love cinnamon toast too and also apple butter.

There is a lot we agree on, you know that?

I'm from Wisconsin, you can't even buy margarine here. Well you can but the transaction has to be done in secret and cash only
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Bartizan
Sorry, can we address the elephant in the room.....quarters? who in the world would even do that?

When the kids are hungry at a really late hour for pizza, and you don't have a frozen pizza or pizza ingredients....

Then you splatter some ketchup, sprinkle some grated cheese, fire a pan, cover, inspect, pull when all melted, cut in front of kids with a pizza cutter (for effect) and serve (not winning anymore) kids.

That being said, I don't cut them and SOS is awesome, still make it once and a while.

With chipped (dried) beef, correct?

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Originally Posted By: deven
I personally like to use a dremel.....wear protective glasses though! I learned that the hard way!!

You animal!

I've been known to use:
-huge knife
-pizza cuter
-cookie cutter set (I have probably like 20+)
-rounded knife (to train kids how not to cut their fingers)

Originally Posted By: kschachn

I always see the Hormel jar of chipped beef at the grocery store and used to wonder.. what the heck is that for? And then I found out that some blasphemous hedonists use chipped beef for SOS.

Ground beef all the way!

That is the correct recipe but most places use ground beef or tvp.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
I love carbs but I tend to feel better when I avoid eating them. Speaking of toast, one of my favorite foods while growing up was SOS. I know this has a bad reputation for those who were in the military but it always felt like a wholesome meal.

Pic for goodness:

img_5231-small-620x413.jpg

The best post so far in this dumb thread.

To answer the question “what does sos mean?” It stands for sheet on a shingle. Replace the two e’s in the word sheet with the letter i. That should escape the wrath of the censor.

It’s great stuff. Order it the next time you eat breakfast out.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

There is a lot we agree on, you know that?

I'm from Wisconsin, you can't even buy margarine here. Well you can but the transaction has to be done in secret and cash only
smile.gif

And if you've ever tried margarine on toast,it makes it really soggy whereas with real butter it remains crispy!
laugh.gif

I dont cut my toast. I do however cut my grilled cheese sandwiches in quarters, square ones, so a dill pickle can be placed inside each piece easily. Oh and i use mayo instead of margarine on the grilled cheese.

Originally Posted By: PimTac

That's how my dad had it in WWII, so that's how I got it as a kid.

Originally Posted By: PimTac

That's how my dad had it in WWII, so that's how I got it as a kid.

I remember very well as a child going into the butcher market. The guy behind the counter would give each of us a piece of chipped beef. Great stuff. It’s very hard to find now.

I served in the seventies. SOS was still a staple on the serving line though less and less people were eating it. I love the stuff.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
I love carbs but I tend to feel better when I avoid eating them. Speaking of toast, one of my favorite foods while growing up was SOS. I know this has a bad reputation for those who were in the military but it always felt like a wholesome meal.

Pic for goodness:

img_5231-small-620x413.jpg

I loved stuff on a Shingle when I was in the NAVY, good stuff.
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
You know I don't think I have ever cut my toast on a diagonal. Or my sandwich for that matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back