Honda 1.5L gdi turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: benjy
like carbon issues fuel dilution is a part of owning a DI ONLY engine, some are worse than others!!!

I’ve seen plenty of non GDI engines with carbon buildup.

You're nuts if you run that "water" in a high revving, High HP/L turbocharged engine! I don't care if Honda specifies it or not, engine wear is not worth that .00001% MPG for CAFE!

Use a good syn 5W30 and change it around 5k miles max until the fuel dilution issue is gone. (if ever) but thats just me, and thats what my dad has been doing on his Civic with the 1.5 T engine. He has close to 100k miles on it and not a SINGLE issue!

“LOL all you thin oil bandwagon members rejoice!!!! Funny to see so many here saying NOPE, but yet you're an advocate of 0W20! “

“Not this fella!! I'll NEVER run anything thinner than a 5W30 in ANY vehicle ANYwhere!”

“You're nuts if you run that "water" in a high revving, High HP/L turbocharged engine! I don't care if Honda specifies it or not, engine wear is not worth that .00001% MPG for CAFE!”

Careful, you gonna throw a clot. Why do you worry what others use?

Originally Posted By: racin4ds
You're nuts if you run that "water" in a high revving, High HP/L turbocharged engine! I don't care if Honda specifies it or not, engine wear is not worth that .00001% MPG for CAFE!

Use a good syn 5W30 and change it around 5k miles max until the fuel dilution issue is gone. (if ever) but thats just me, and thats what my dad has been doing on his Civic with the 1.5 T engine. He has close to 100k miles on it and not a SINGLE issue!

Your dad has been using 5w30 on his 1.5L? What’s his mpgs?

Originally Posted By: PimTac
“LOL all you thin oil bandwagon members rejoice!!!! Funny to see so many here saying NOPE, but yet you're an advocate of 0W20! “

“Not this fella!! I'll NEVER run anything thinner than a 5W30 in ANY vehicle ANYwhere!”

“You're nuts if you run that "water" in a high revving, High HP/L turbocharged engine! I don't care if Honda specifies it or not, engine wear is not worth that .00001% MPG for CAFE!”

It is worth it if you gain FE and avoid wear and deposits with a thinner oil that has FAST WARMUPS (not just 1st in the morning but throughout the day) and adheres to engine so it is never lacking in oil from the get-go. your 5w-30 has to cool and heat and cool and heat each and everytime you turn the engine off whereas the 0w-20 sticks better due to better base stocks and always full synthetic and just works better. That is why you have an OLM and MMS so you dump the oil when it is no longer sticking and the viscosity has lot it's sticky and slippery ability.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HondaBroMike

It is worth it if you gain FE and avoid wear and deposits with a thinner oil that has FAST WARMUPS (not just 1st in the morning but throughout the day) and adheres to engine so it is never lacking in oil from the get-go. your 5w-30 has to cool and heat and cool and heat each and everytime you turn the engine off whereas the 0w-20 sticks better due to better base stocks and always full synthetic and just works better. That is why you have an OLM and MMS so you dump the oil when it is no longer sticking and the viscosity has lot it's sticky and slippery ability.

It’s no wonder some of the better posters have left. Maybe you can explain how better base stocks make the oil stick, yet be slippery?

It’s no wonder some of the better posters have left. Maybe you can explain how better base stocks make the oil stick, yet be slippery?

Looking forward to the answer on that one. Ought to be good.

Use your head, sticky to stick vital engine parts while engine is shutoff (synthetics or the good ones are notorious for this) but slippery enough in operating conditions to keep engine parts apart and eliminate wear. c'mon self-explanatory, what is this Tribology 101. Nextttt, whose on deck...let me at em, i'll splat em (said metaphorically from scrapy in scooby doo)

P.S IT is also the basis for my like of this Idemitsu, low density formula oil, the startups are not as boisterous and it gets to idle super fast, is so smooth that you just know it is a slip in slide inside.

Last edited:
Use your head, sticky to stick vital engine parts while engine is shutoff (synthetics or the good ones are notorious for this) but slippery enough in operating conditions to keep engine parts apart and eliminate wear. c'mon self-explanatory, what is this Tribology 101. Nextttt, whose on deck...let me at em, i'll splat em (said metaphorically from scrapy in scooby doo)

P.S IT is also the basis for my like of this Idemitsu, low density formula oil, the startups are not as boisterous and it gets to idle super fast, is so smooth that you just know it is a slip in slide inside.

By golly that exceeded my already lofty expectations.

Originally Posted By: kschachn

For a child troll that is.

He's 34!

And this is why I played Street Fighter: Third Strike, K.O!

Last edited:

Is it a full moon over there at the moment ?

Originally Posted By: Shannow

Is it a full moon over there at the moment ?

Must be.

Originally Posted By: wemay
This could get interesting

Yep, i see GHT is back
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: car51

Yep, i see GHT is back
frown.gif

You think? I'm not so sure, but maybe I'm not the expert. The writing style, the overall... goofiness is just different. He hasn't been banned yet so we will see...

Yep, i see GHT is back
frown.gif

Unfortunate for us. I see the similarities.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

Yep, i see GHT is back
frown.gif

Unfortunate for us. I see the similarities.
frown.gif

Unfortunately someone left the screen door open and the flies came in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back