High Performance Lubricants - Your Favorite Products?

120043508_10223848340777291_6409697753855919598_o.jpg

252995322_10226770421947494_4975856939942264293_n.jpg

Had great results with the premium plus pcmo 5w30. I have no VII in there now. Im interested to see how that does when it’s time

I checked the site - $70 for 6 quarts of 5W-30?

Eek.
Joking aside.

I get you. I was there too. My truck takes almost 2 gallons, so the 4 gallon pack was, IMO, the best choice for my situation. I'd have 4 quarts left with a 12 pack so I'd have to buy a 6 pack to get another change out of it.

What convinced me this wasn't too crazy was looking up what it actually cost to pay someone to change your oil, especially with a big box synthetic oil. This really goes for any of the boutique oils, Amsoil, Red Line, etc.

My current change cost right around $100 for oil and filter. Synthetic oil at Jiffy Lube on a vehicle that takes 7.5 quarts is $117. A 5 quarts synthetic change is $95.

The good side about HPL is that even though you are paying shipping, the BITOG15 code covers most or all of that. Advanced Lubrication is also top notch and will call you if there's a cheaper shipping option. I ship mine to a business and if they can put it all in one box, it's $25 on FedEx.

You have to do what you're comfortable with and the big box favorites, PP, M1, PUP, Edge, etc are all perfectly fine options.

Currently running 1qt of HPL EC 30 along with M1 5w30 in my 32k mile 2013 Acura TL SH-AWD. In about 2k more miles when I hit the 3k OCI for this stuff, 4.5 qts of HPL PPCO 5W30 goes in. So I can't speak to any definitive results so far but the science seems to be pretty conclusive along with the unparalleled customer service from HPL. May try their rear diff and transfer case fluid when I change that again in 2-3 years, or ealier.

Right now it’s the no VII pcmo 5w30. I wish they made a DCT fluid or gf4 75w80. I’d use either in my gearbox

Why so? I'm curious and trying to absorb as much knowledge as I can.
if i'm not mistaken, i read that Dr. Rudnick, works as a consultant with HPL.. i don't know, but that seems p cool to me, someone else can chime in on that. what i like most about the EURO NO VII is they start with 502/A40 chemistry and build from there... also read that the less VII in an oil the better for deposit control. i figured why not try this VII free oil that bitog has asked for?

the numbers on paper did it for me too. that HTHS 3.566

@High Performance Lubricants offers a comprehensive line-up for members who are interested in boutique oils. What are your favorite products from them and why?

For me:

1) Euro No VII 5W20: Where else can you find a xW-20 with a HT/HS of 3.267? It is very shear stable due to the lack of VII. This is definitely a super-premium, all-climate long-drain oil for applications requiring a 20wt.

2) Passenger Car Engine Oil 10W20: Very unique product - extremely shear-stable and priced very well with the BITOG discount. This is an excellent long-drain oil for those residing in warm climates.
This is an extremely good product. If it hasn't made Schaeffer and Amsoil looking over their shoulders yet, then I at-least expect to see stronger, more robust VOAs and UOAs in the coming next few years.

(today) Anyone can put HPL VOA/UOAs side-by-side with either Amsoil and Schaeffer and read a significant difference in additive numbers. Nobody here has argued (begun a new thread) that HPL has a proven inferior base oil either.

So I expect to read better overall numbers from Amsoil and Schaeffer soon, only because price-point is relatively the same from all three and the (2) long-time mainstays need to better their products, or face losing retail customer base to HPL.

This is an extremely good product. If it hasn't made Schaeffer and Amsoil looking over their shoulders yet, then I at-least expect to see stronger, more robust VOAs and UOAs in the coming next few years.

(today) Anyone can put HPL VOA/UOAs side-by-side with either Amsoil and Schaeffer and read a significant difference in additive numbers. Nobody here has argued (begun a new thread) that HPL has a proven inferior base oil either.

So I expect to read better overall numbers from Amsoil and Schaeffer soon, only because price-point is relatively the same from all three and the (2) long-time mainstays need to better their products, or face losing retail customer base to HPL.
There is room for all of these brands and formulations to coexist. There is often overlap too.

Last edited:
Back