Help me pick a Transmission Fluid for BMW GM6

I haven't been too active, so I have done some catch up reading, and I am not sure what fluid I should use.

Is Maxlife okay to use in the GA-6l45R found in the e90? I know a lot of forum users have used it, but I know it is now basically the Castrol "universal" fluid, so I am not sure if it just frowned upon to use it in CVT, and okay for traditional automatic?

I am planning on changing the fluid twice, and then changing it again and doing the filter. I would prefer something that is cheap and easy to find in gallon containers.

This is a Dexron VI transmission right? or am I mistaken?.

If so O'reilly's offers officially licensed Dexron VI for a fair price. But FCP Euro might have a good deal for you if you browse around.

I don't want to go through the hassle of tracking down a bunch of 1-quart bottles.

The cheapest option at Oriley is their gallon of Dexron VI for 33

A gallon of Dex VI was ~$25/gal from Chevy last time I checked.

Do yourself a favor and use a cheap garden sprayer to do the fill. It's faster and less mess than with those stupid hand pumps.

A gallon of Dex VI was ~$25/gal from Chevy last time I checked.

Do yourself a favor and use a cheap garden sprayer to do the fill. It's faster and less mess than with those stupid hand pumps.
Alright, thanks I will look for the gallons of Dex VI.

And on the garden sprayer note, I was looking at them, and it looked like it would take a while to fill up the transmission? Have you used one before?

Alright, thanks I will look for the gallons of Dex VI.

And on the garden sprayer note, I was looking at them, and it looked like it would take a while to fill up the transmission? Have you used one before?
That's all I use. Have one for ATF and one for gear oil.

I don't want to go through the hassle of tracking down a bunch of 1-quart bottles.

The cheapest option at Oriley is their gallon of Dexron VI for 33
I always recommend going with the correct fluid, but Walmart usually has Valvoline Dexron VI (Not maxlife/universal) and obviously Supertech at good prices.

As long as it is officially licensed fluid it doesn't matter which brand you choose go with the cheapest licensed option you can find.

I always recommend going with the correct fluid, but Walmart usually has Valvoline Dexron VI (Not maxlife/universal) and obviously Supertech at good prices.

As long as it is officially licensed fluid it doesn't matter which brand you choose go with the cheapest licensed option you can find.
Alright, I Walmart has Dex vi for 6.34 a quart. Hopefully they have enough. Funny enough, the super tech is more expensive than Valvoline

For my e90 I order the gallon jugs online. Valvoline dex vi (blue bottle). Roughly 6-7 quarts. Filling it would've been easier if the T-case wasn't in the way.

For my e90 I order the gallon jugs online. Valvoline dex vi (blue bottle). Roughly 6-7 quarts. Filling it would've been easier if the T-case wasn't in the way.
Yeah, xdrive is such a pain. Glad I have rwd 😀

I spent the extra for DEXRON-VI on my BMW for a while but then switched to MaxLife for a long time. It worked fine.
Right on, I was worried about the "new" formula claiming CVT compatibility but it seems that it is a non-issue.

Back