Help me identify which RainX wiper blade this is

I have had a RainX blade on my Sienna that lasted for 3 1/2 years, which is a record for me since I've started keeping track of how long they last.

I noticed that a few inches of rubber blade had detached itself from the rest of the assembly so I finally swapped it out this morning.

When taking it off, I noticed that the unit in the middle that attaches the blade to the wiper arm, was different from the units that I normally see with the Rain X Expert Fit Conventional line that I usually buy.

The first pic is what I usually see, a latch of sorts that can swivel around in any direction. The second pic is the only time I recall seeing this (on the 3.5 yo blade). Not sure how to describe it.

I didn't write down in my spreadsheet what line this long lasting blade was, only that it was RainX. Does this attachment unit mean that it wasn't the Expert Fit Conventional line? Does anyone else know what RainX line it could have been? Reason why I want to know, is that I think I'll start using that line from here on out if I can get them to last that long.

XPC Blade.jpg3YO Blade.jpg

I've been using the expert fits for...several years now, over that time, they seem to have revised some of the connectors at least once, if not multiple times....

Perhaps, although the attachment unit on the left, is the only one I recall seeing in the months & years leading up to the time I installed the one on the right. Their website says Illinois Tool Works took them over in 2011--I'm not sure when RainX was taken over by anyone else. I was not keeping track of wiper blade installations back then, so I have no idea if I was using RainX at that time or not.

I would suspect a number of changes have occurred after First Brands took over.

So both could be from the Expert Fit line. Well that's ok--that just means that I might get 3 years out of the next cheapo Expert Fit I put on. :)

I've been using the expert fits for...several years now, over that time, they seem to have revised some of the connectors at least once, if not multiple times....

Back