Rain-X Latitude Water Repellency Wiper Blades

Dad's 2022 Silverado came with actual refillable wiper blades. I put a quick set of Tricos on but saves the bodies for new refills in the future.

Wonder if all refills are silicone? They did seem to wipe good for a year, year and a half until they were separating.

I am normally a fan of Dealer (or NWB) wiper blades, but my sister was in town for a few days and WM was able to bring these to my door for $16.57/ea.

As with most aftermarket blades, it took some fumbling to get these properly secured to 9x3 j-hooks. The rubber seems a bit hard compared to NWB’s rubber, but that usually improves a bit after some use. The wiping performance is perfect for now - no smears or chatter - we’ll see if it stays that way.

Her last set of $6 Denso Conventional wipers (NWB) lasted a year but are no longer available from Rockauto.

Dad's 2022 Silverado came with actual refillable wiper blades. I put a quick set of Tricos on but saves the bodies for new refills in the future.

Wonder if all refills are silicone? They did seem to wipe good for a year, year and a half until they were separating.
Purchased a pair of these about four or five years ago and both of the brackets came loose at different times, one during a snowstorm

Purchased a pair of these about four or five years ago and both of the brackets came loose at different times, one during a snowstorm
Do you know which ones you bought? I see they have a couple quality levels.

The GM OE (lower) are what I've seen and they look nice.

1712503820412.jpg

I don’t understand why people buy aftermarket wiper blades and not OEM refills. I used to buy Nissan and now have been buying Honda refills for nearly 20yrs. They are super high quality and always fit and never have a wiper failure since they are just the rubber wiper strip.

But if you really want some quality windshield hydrophobic action, buy some CarPro Reload. Clean the windshield first then spray some of the Reload, just a few sprays on entire windshield, wipe the whole windshield down and flip microfiber and wipe again. A little goes a long way, it’ll give you a few months of amazing hydrophobic action. And when it dies off, repeat. A small 500ml bottle will last a long time. Oh and you can use the same Reload on your whole car after washing, it’s a spray on sealant.
If you want to get nifty, buy some EchO2 and mix with Reload (Use 50ml/1.7oz of Reload and 50ml/1.7oz of ECH2o in a 500ml bottle) for a awesome quick detailer/windshield cleaner spray. Or use on car for touch ups.

I’ve been doing this for coming up on 7yrs, OEM wiper refills and CarPro Reload on windshield for the best, often no wiper needed driving.

CTopher

Back