Has winter hit where you live? Sure has here

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now it begins. We already have had -10 and -5 with day time highs around 5 to 10 degrees. Pictures taken last 4 days. Some may look blurry their not that is the white menace. Last picture was Fall.

DSC07812.JPG

DSC07813.JPG

DSC07814.JPG

DSC07815.JPG

DSC07775.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Being in a region affect by the Chinook Wind ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinook_wind ), winter weather comes and goes a few times during the winter season. We had snow a couple of weeks in October, but since it has all melted away and we are experiencing temperatures up to 52F.

I have been outside Christmas day shorts and a t-shirt....that may be Canadian tough but it is still quite a bit above freezing.

Originally Posted by Smokescreen
Being in a region affect by the Chinook Wind ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinook_wind ), winter weather comes and goes a few times during the winter season. We had snow a couple of weeks in October, but since it has all melted away and we are experiencing temperatures up to 52F.

I have been outside Christmas day shorts and a t-shirt....that may be Canadian tough but it is still quite a bit above freezing.

Please send me a bucket full of 52 degrees
55.gif

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Yeah it's been freezing here, have the heater on at night. Gets down to like 50!

It's in the 40's here.

It has hit southern Ontario with a vengeance! -13c last night, thankfully it was only for 2 days, but we broke a 10yo record. Today we're gong back to seasonal.

A off and on rainy day here in the lowlands but winter storm warnings are up for the mountains and passed. Up to 2 feet of snow expected.

Typical for this time of year.

Originally Posted by Pelican
It has hit southern Ontario with a vengeance! -13c last night, thankfully it was only for 2 days, but we broke a 10yo record. Today we're gong back to seasonal.
I had to move my car in gym shorts and a t shirt at 2am last night and it was brutal.

I'm about an hour from you and it was -17C here.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
I had to move my car in gym shorts and a t shirt at 2am last night and it was brutal.

SHUT UP ! :)

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Yeah it's been freezing here, have the heater on at night. Gets down to like 50!

I totally 100% understand.

Coldest November i can remember in 30 years. Either that or I am just getting to darn old for this. 35 when I moved here now 65. Hear the southern coast of Oregon is nice.

We had about 4 inches of snow last Thursday, but most of it melted rather quickly and I was able to take the Corvette out for a drive on the weekend. Today has been extremely cold though, it was about 10F when I got up and it's still only 23F at 3pm (normal this time of year is about 40F) But the next week looks to be relatively normal, and no snow in the forecast. I'm still very excited to get away to Fort Myers for a 3 day long weekend in just two weeks though. Chances are very good that we'll see daytime highs in the high 70s to low 80s. That's more my speed
smile.gif
I really do not like it when temps get below about 60F.

We have had maybe 1" snow so far in southwest PA. 29f today aunt tells me. Its 53F here in Lake Norman NC. What is winter in the south?
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back