Has anyone ever seen actual dyno proof of additive gains?

I have only found one product that seemed to work ...that was ProBlend when it first came out as an engine additive.
I never saw any improvements in an engine I used it in either Track used or Dailey driver. Buuuuut when i mixed it on my CNC or drill press the bits lasted a little longer. Maybe it was coincidence IDK. lol

I could not have worded this better!!! (y)

I have to call BS on most all these so called DYNO testing.

Here is the thing .... I owned and operated 1 chassis, 1 portable chassis and an engine DYNO as well work for a shop to do their DYNO testing...
I pride myself on carefully setting up the DYNO program so I can repeat all the perimeters for a solid comparison accurate and more realistic result with NO SAE smoothing. Often I would have people at car shows grumble that my results were not really waht thier engine can do because i was always lower then what their local guy Dyno'd their vehicle. Hey you slip me a 50 and I will give you any DYNO you want. LOL

There was a guy at a car show about 10 years ago trying to promote Amsoil and showing dyno graphs of an engine "before and after" Amsoil was used that showed a magical double digit increase. However, he forget to leave off the fine print of the dyno sheets that showed one was run a 600 rpm/s and the "Amsoil" test at 300 rpm/s. That's what started my disgust for Amsoil dealers for quite a while.

So what was in the EFS Combust product? Is this like Liquimoly Speedtec...toluene-based as I understand it.

EFS Combust appears to contain mostly alcohols with a "PROPRIETARY" ingredient.

However: "Based on extensive field testing, empirical observations, stoichiometric analyses and thermodynamic postulates, EFS confirms fuel savings of approximately 10% on fuel containing 1% or more sulfur (containing 10,000+ ppm sulfur), 8% on lighter Diesel fuels, and 7% on ultra-low sulfur Diesel (containing a maximum of 15 ppm sulfur). The relationship between sulfur content and fuel savings is demonstrated below, in Diagram 3."

So there you have it. Nonsensical, vague, and ambiguous wording to obfuscate and to try and impress those not familiar with fuel chemistry.

Last edited:
Back