Harvest King Full Synthetic 5W-30 VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: nsargeant
I have been an active reader on Bitog since 2012. Took me a good 5 years to get through all of the good info on the site. Do you run HK syn in your yota?

Yota ? Oh I see ..... nah my SR5 reference is more obvious in this thread
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4620247/1/
It was months before I realised the Toyota reference, still I would happily have one any day of the week.

Unfortunately no Harvest King in Australia, just admiring from afar.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Great deal there. If it is from Citgo, or Warren Oil, etc., it almost doesn't matter, since all those companies just buy a pre-engineered elixir additive package from Lubrizol, Afton, Oronite, or Infineum to combine with some GroupIII base oil they get as cheap as they can on the open market. I doubt if they create their own additive package, as they save a bunch of $$$ by purchasing dexos1-qualified additive packages ready-to-mix with base oil.

The big players like SOPUS (Pennz, Shell, Quaker) and Mobil do their own additive packages and base oils in most cases, but not the smaller cheaper players.

^^^ This is enlightening.

I have some Harvest King 5W-20 that I got for next to nothing...
I'm going to mix it 50/50 with some $2 qt Mobil 1 10W-40 HM and run it in my 2008 F150 4.6.

D1G2 0W20 and 5W30 HK is starting to show up in the local RK, it is probably a different formula than this VOA that was from 2016.I currently have the 0W20 in my daughters Elantra and will be putting it in my wife's HR-V around April.

It's there to polish the camshaft and main/rod bearings
smile.gif

I picked up an OC's worth of the 5W30 for the Odyssey, as farrarfan noted, HK full syn is now D1G2 certified. Not sure if I am going to spring for another VOA, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back