Hair clipper oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bandito440
I can't fathom wanting to deliberately introduce hydrocarbons into your body. Do not do this. Do not.

The reference in my original post before you redacted it to alter my point was about rubbing WD-40 on your bare skin.

You didn't say that. You said "hydrocarbons", apparently generically . Your link pointed to WD-40, but I would have had to have noticed it as a link, clicked on it and read it to be able to see that distinction. I -- and I'm sure some others -- missed that it was a link.

Had you said "WD-40 type hydrocarbons", then your point would have been obvious and not obscure.

I've used canola and baby oil on mine before with no ill effects.

Baby oil is made of petroleum-derived hydrocarbons. Petrolatum (petroleum jelly) is also hydrocarbon-based. Both have been rubbed on skin for ages with zero ill-effects.

To summarize: You object to the application of certain specific types of hydrocarbon compounds to human skin, but you are OK with certain other types. A rather muted message compared to what I originally read into your emphatic post.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tegger

Baby oil is made of petroleum-derived hydrocarbons. Petrolatum (petroleum jelly) is also hydrocarbon-based. Both have been rubbed on skin for ages with zero ill-effects.

To summarize: You object to the application of certain specific types of hydrocarbon compounds to human skin, but you are OK with certain other types. A rather muted message compared to what I originally read into your emphatic post.

This

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vikas
What oil do you use for paper shredder?

PYB. Or Royal Purple, whichever's on sale.

1 drop of ATF in my Wahl every few weeks.
thumbsup2.gif

Wipe off excess ... you're good to go !!

The KISS principle works for me. I use Wahl clipper oil from Sally Beauty. Why people think they always have to find a substitute lubricant for all these different devices is beyond me.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
I use trumpet valve oil from the music store for my beard trimmer.

I played trumpet between 1958 and 1966. Kerosene worked much better than store bought valve oil. Hopefully that has changed.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
The KISS principle works for me. I use Wahl clipper oil from Sally Beauty. Why people think they always have to find a substitute lubricant for all these different devices is beyond me.

You should write Royal Purple and get them to send you a "free sample" of their clipper oil. They can "afford it". It won't cost them much. Post the results on BITOG and let us all know how that turns out.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

Agreed. You aren't going to use quarts a month.

I have Oster clippers and an Andis trimmer. Oster blade oil works pretty well.

$4 shipped to your door and will last a very long time.

Edit: On HD's website, 3 in 1 oil is the same cost per ounce as the Oster oil.

3 in 1 oil at Home Depot

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al

I played trumpet between 1958 and 1966. Kerosene worked much better than store bought valve oil. Hopefully that has changed.

I had this (Al Cass Super Fast Valve Oil) laying around from when I was trying to learn the trumpet. I'm a woodwind player (saxes and flute) but wanted to broaden my horizons. The modern stuff doesn't have a smell to it. I gave up on the trumpet a few years ago. I see now why you basically have woodwind and brass players. Not many who play both unless you have a lot of time on your hands. The trumpet requires A LOT of practice.

Originally Posted By: Al

I had this (Al Cass Super Fast Valve Oil) laying around from when I was trying to learn the trumpet. I'm a woodwind player (saxes and flute) but wanted to broaden my horizons. The modern stuff doesn't have a smell to it. I gave up on the trumpet a few years ago. I see now why you basically have woodwind and brass players. Not many who play both unless you have a lot of time on your hands. The trumpet requires A LOT of practice.

As a trumpet player in grade school, and someone who never played a woodwind, I always thought the same about woodwinds.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Clipper spray takes care of all of your clipper needs.

Just don't ever use Oster Kool Lube on a Norelco electric razor. It will melt the plastic.

Kool%20Lube.jpg

Originally Posted By: gregoron
Could I use 3 in 1 oil for hair clippers or should I get a dedicated clipper/trimmer oil instead? Any difference between the two oils?

What you need is 75W-90 and don't forget the added friction modifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back