Guys, do your own Laundry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CincyDavid
I do have a dryer observation...how is it that, more often than not, matching socks wind up right next to each other when the dryer stops? I have noticed that in two different Maytag machines. Does it have to do with static electricity or the weight of the articles, or what?!?

The gremlins that are done with the missing socks return them to their mate.

Wife does the washing and ironing. We run things similar to dnewton3. Been that way for 45 years and no complaints.

Wife does laundry, but I do all the cooking since my wife burned water once (seriously) she left a pot of water boiling on the stove until all the water evaporated and burned up the pan. Having only 1 arm limits my ability to hang stuff and iron, but we try to even out household chores. Most people here in Mexico city (middle and upper middle class) have maids. After living in the US for 35 years, I cannot let someone do my "chores" plus we are teaching our daughter the importance of self reliance. I'm slowly teaching my daughter how to cook and how to enjoy cooking, plus cooking is a great way to teach kids fractions and the importance of following directions, and a final benefit it allows me, my wife, and my daughter share quality family time with out the interference of phones or TV.

My wife is the primary laundry person. She feels it's her responsibility as a woman. She seems to enjoy it and gets a little sad when I do it myself. I don't care. She works very hard at her job, has a long commute, and then does a lot at home. We often have little spats over who is going to do the laundry. We both want to do it. I'm the expert at stain removal.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
I'm not allowed to do the laundry.

Took me years to be allowed.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
I'm not allowed to do the laundry.

Took me years to be allowed.

My wife would never let me touch HER clothes, that's for sure.
However, she ignores recommendations for laundering waterproof/breathable items so I don't let her touch my sports stuff.

I have been wearing the same pair of jeans for a couple weeks now. They always get to to tight after washing. No i dont do my own laundry. I tried it once and i hated it. i would rather rotate my tires or change a valve cover gasket than do laundry.

If I want to break up the monotony of the usual arguments (not big), I can do the laundry or iron my work shirts.

It is apparently a political statement about her not being a good mother/caregiver, and worthy of an evening of troubles.

Originally Posted By: joegreen
I have been wearing the same pair of jeans for a couple weeks now. They always get to to tight after washing. No i dont do my own laundry. I tried it once and i hated it. i would rather rotate my tires or change a valve cover gasket than do laundry.

Tell your wife to use fabric softener when she washes your jeans.

When I was growing up in a family of 9 everyone had chores to do. And, laundry was one of them.
When I entered the military as an Infantry soldier we would wash our BDU's in the creeks, streams, ponds, etc., during BT at Ft. Leonard Wood, MO. When I got to Ft. Benning, GA. for AIT, we did more BDU washing in the ponds, lakes, bayou's, etc. when we were not in the barracks.
I was divorced and got full parental custody of my son when he was 6 years old. My x wife always used PUREX. I have been using TIDE ever since.

Laundry get sorted into 4 types - We both wash and fold towels, washcloths, kitchen rags- but we fold our own personal laundry.

We will neatly quasi fold it or drape each others shirts on a chair so they don't get wrinkled but the the finish folding we each do our own.

I strip the bedding every Sunday and remake the bed and top sheet and she does the pillowcases.

When I was 7 my mom bought me a folding board on my birthday and Ive folded my own clothes ever since. Happy Birthday! Im not doing your laundry anymore.

UD

I do the laundry in our household. Not like it's all that challenging with a modern washing machine.
I also get the fun of trying out various detergents, kind of like trying out various oils.
I'm currently using some Miele and it doesn't seem all that great.

My wife works a ton and does a ton with kids.

I do laundry, cook, shop, clean, yard work etc M-F. I work 35 hours/week at home so have more time available.

On weekends I don't do squat except fun stuff and a lot on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back