Gumout Multi-system tune-up, short trips or long trips?

I just grabbed 2 cans of Gumout Multi-system tune-up as someone posted a deal $3.33 for a 16oz bottle. I have never used this one so I am curious, is it better to use on short trips or long trips? This vehicle, 2006 Sentra, (113K odometer) is used for local errands. Longest trips are 10 miles, but once in a couple of months, I take it for a long drive (<100 miles). So it is better to use it before the long trip or after the long trip? Thanks in advance. (Additional question - Anyone used this in the oil?)

i bought some too. Use TT gas and throw in some PEA about every five thousand miles. I think you're over thinking your question. Doubt if it makes any difference. I have thrown in a few ounces of Marvel before oil changes and a few ounces of this might go in the oil when i dump the rest in the gas at almost 80,000.

Last edited:
its better to use it before changing the oil. Also in my opinion it works best on long trips with fully warmed up engine However I wouldnt go on a long trip to "clean the engine" with the product. Now if you have an uncoming vacation/trip with extended driving.. it wouldnt hurt anything to use it then. Put it in gas, drive car. -end of story.

Ahh this is an interesting question and I wonder about it too. I think the answer is that it works both ways, Being on/in fuel injectors and on cylinder/piston when vehicle is off. And cleaning while operating at full temp. So, what I would do is try to include both cycles in the treatment and cover all bases. But in all likelihood it doesn't matter.

My wonder too....dose a tank that you run out on an interstate trip in 4 hours Or a tank that lasts for a month of short trips. Is it soaking time?...or hot running constant flush action? Has to be a "best", no?