Got hooked up to Comcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you dont have many options

Elite 6mbits AT&T DSL for 40$ with 250GB cap.

Time warner(spectrum) 6up/60down mbit for 59.99 (or 69.99 for existing customers)
10/100 for $99.99 but $200 install fee for them to turn it on via remote computer.

a few other bad options.

IIRC Time warner cable has some budget 39.99 option they dont advertise its all been flipped since spectrum bought time warner cable.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Originally Posted By: CKN
Of course you had your upfront equipment costs you didn't include....

Wow, pretty negative sounding post. So I will reply he same.
Is TV an upfront equipment cost too? Please expand on that.

I listed most my equipment and its easy to check the prices, I understand some people feel the need to rent equipment or they think they are getting it for free but if anyone cant afford to purchase the equipment they shouldnt be using it in the first place.

My god, people pay over a hundred dollars a month for TV and internet, and think they are getting a deal vs buying equipment and not being a slave to a landlord?

If anyone is interested in exact equipment because its something they are interested in, Ill be glad to reply!

Country has gone so nuts that people as a rountine get toys they cant afford, getting in debt, to a bank or cell phone company or cable company, then complain about the cost when the sizzle wears off.

Not meant to be negative-but costs are costs. It like saying you spend $50.00/bucks a week in gas to drive to work without including the cost of the vehicle.

No problem..

If you do the math, the costs are paid for in the first year, depending on what you pay your pay TV provider and you are hostage to no one. Its no longer a secret though as pay TV subscriptions are in a free fall with no end in site.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
Here you dont have many options

Elite 6mbits AT&T DSL for 40$ with 250GB cap.

Time warner(spectrum) 6up/60down mbit for 59.99 (or 69.99 for existing customers)
10/100 for $99.99 but $200 install fee for them to turn it on via remote computer.

a few other bad options.

IIRC Time warner cable has some budget 39.99 option they dont advertise its all been flipped since spectrum bought time warner cable.

Amazing how rates vary... We were paying $39.99 to Spectrum, non promotional price and last few months had 25 down and 6 up we were at 6/2 under TWC. My wife soon to work from home, her company told her to get more speed, they are paying, we had one option 100 down, 13 ish up, 64.95 minus 10 because we own our own modem and router.
Granted it maybe because our electric co-op will be offering 100/100 @49.95 as they lay fiber, I'm sure Spectrum must be aware.

TWC/ Spectrum does not list regular prices for my town on their website.

I've been rocking promotional internet rates for years. The latest just expired and went from $35 to $45.

I had a $15 "lite" 2 MBps version for a while. It did netflix. They claim it won't, but it will, and just enough so you notice and want an upgrade. The "lite" version wasn't advertised as a specific expiring promotional offer, but I bet I can't get it anymore now as a new customer.

You might want to consider that TWC is scared stiff of people dropping TV, and the politics of having TV channels you don't really like coming into your house, and having your name attached to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back