Need help selecting a device for exercise goals

The FitBit inspire 2 I bought on Prime day a few years ago for $59 has been great. Survived the fall where I injured my hand. The FitBit probably kept me from breaking my wrist as I landed on it and my hand as the major impact point.

Back to how it's used. It will track as much as you want or as little. The best part of this device, you can get involved as you want. It doesn't force you to do more. Mine tracks my walks so I get enough intensity, and keeps track of steps, which I need to increase. Probably my best ever $59 purchase.

CONTINUED FROM POST #20 above.
Both devices in all my workouts provided similar stats. Once in a great while the Orangetheory device might mess up and that is almost understandable as it is hooked up to their computer via Bluetooth along with up to 16 other people wearing the monitors at the same time. The device is far less expensive than the Apple Watch too. The starting Heart Rate is simply because once device is turned on before the other in no particular order as you put on or turn on the device anytime you arrive or enter the gym form the lobby and not at the same time.

Apple Watch HR during workout at Orange Theory
IMG_6816.jpeg

Orange Theory Device used at the same time/date and workout below

IMG_6815.jpeg

Last edited:
I dont use any device... I go for a 3 mile fast walk everyday......works for me...
You got it right, and that is the key is to go out and do it.
For some like me, I just like instrumentation on everything I do and own. I find it fun, like even my motorcycle having an oil temperature gauge. The watch is what challenges me but the key is to do what you do and go out and do it.

3 mile fast walk is a fantastic workout for your heart, if everyone did that, health ins costs would go way down.
I need to get back out into it and the fast walk will be one way as since we moved to our new home Orange Theory is a almost 30 minute drive when it used to take me 8 minutes. I haven't been to the gym in 9ish months now.

UPDATE:

I did much research and decided to purchase a FitBit Charge 6. Was a tad more money than I had intended, but the reviews and data indicated this is a good unit. I saw several YT video reviews where they compared the FB-C6 to chest strap heart monitors and the new unit actually fared well. It's accuracy for heart rate is very good unless it was a very strenuous exercise (not a concern; I'm just walking). Apparently chest strap monitors are the most accurate, and this little device was within a few HB +/- nearly all the time. That's good enough for my walks.

I've had it for a few days; I was going to review it here next week but might as well do it now ...

- good physical fit; came with two different sized wrist-bands that are easily interchangeable (scads of aftermarket band options here as well)
- seems accurate; never fails to get a reading and definitely tracks with effort levels (such as up/down hills)
- has more gizzmo features than I ever would give a hoot about; I just ignore them
- the HR readout on the main page is very small; a bit hard to read, but I'll just have to learn to live with it

Overall I like it. I'm disappointed that pretty much all these devices are so laden with features that you have to spend more than you want. But for what it is, especially for someone that will use all the features, it's a decent product.

Back