Getting rid of Windows 11

Linux isn't as hard as most people believe it is... In fact, it's far superior to Windows in many ways. I would venture 95% of Windows users could do everything they do now with a good Linux distribution. I actually use both OS's and 100% dislike Windows 11 for many reasons. I have no intention of "downgrading" (Upgrading to 11) as there isn't any benefit. (Unless you like more bloatware and more spying.)

Change is hard... and learning about a new 'system" can be challenging. But... for most people, making the switch is far easier than they are let to believe.
I was a Windows only user until Win10 came out. I worked in IT mostly in school districts and they were always Windows based. When Win10 came out I bought an old Macbook just to play around on, then switched jobs to where a Mac is now my main computer. Win11 seems to come with even more annoying bloatware and junk than Win 10 did.

Don't get me wrong, all OS have their quirks, and it's hard to say one is better than the others at everything.

I was a Windows only user until Win10 came out. I worked in IT mostly in school districts and they were always Windows based. When Win10 came out I bought an old Macbook just to play around on, then switched jobs to where a Mac is now my main computer. Win11 seems to come with even more annoying bloatware and junk than Win 10 did.

Don't get me wrong, all OS have their quirks, and it's hard to say one is better than the others at everything.

The amount of software that gets packaged in a 11 iso isn't too bad (compared to the big 3 or a smart phone at least) - but it's absolutely stupid to include these in a fresh ISO , especially for Pro ISOs. I don't believe 10 came with any bloatware in it's ISO, here's what's packaged with an 11 iso.

ClipChamp
Spotify
Kindle
LinkedIn
WhatsApp
Xbox
Teams (Personal, not Work/School)
OneDrive

Yes, there is no perfect OS. What I dislike most is the telemetry/spying/bloatware. Windows has it. Linux allows you to choose (and delete) what apps are installed without any issues. Most bloat on widows is because we live in the U.S. They (Microsoft) include this because they are paid by companies to bundle it.

The work-around is to select a different "location" (Which won't install much of the bloat). From there you can revert to your country of origin etc.

But then there's the concerted EFFORT on Microsoft's part to make things very difficult to opt-out and well... you get the point.

Linux has none of that crap. Free and open Internet.... Things I would like to see endure.

Windows 10 end of support is not too far away so you might as well get used to Windows 11 there is actually no more windows 10 version updates only security updates.

Windows 12 is in the making. But if you are really wanting to downgrade you will have to perform a fresh install and you may need to purchase a product key.
I still run Windows 7 just fine on a 10 year old laptop (first of the mSATA, was a beast in its time) though I finally got a newer machine spring 2023 because my engineering software discontinued Win7 support and workstations finally got to almost half the size/weight of the beast. It's pretty powerful, but in actual use like maybe twice as fast as the old machine. Really only matters running a sim, which is always better run on desktop anyhow.

"Free" OS has to be paid for somehow...

"Free" OS has to be paid for somehow...
What is a "free" OS? Who pays what? And how?

I use a "free" OS that is free in both "freedom" and "no cost" standpoints. It's been orders of magnitude easier, more private, more secure, more stable than non-free varieties. I even make my living using that same OS to power my servers. All I see are individuals, organizations and even for-profit corporations shipping in to create a product that serves its users, not draws capitol from them.

I worked in IT in schools for 18 years and Win 11 would be no problem at all because in no case did we every use the operating system in the configuration that the hardware was supplied with. Every PC or Laptop had our own standard windows image installed which would have all the bloatware removed together with any apps that we considered undesirable. School PC's have to be very tightly controlled to stop the kids getting up to no good. We did this for every version of Windows from NT onwards.

BTW, I loved Win NT because it was a proper professional operating system.

i ONLY read + shop a bit on line + IMO W-7 was GREAT, BUT when things started opening + closing with a quickly passing cursor i really DISLIKE W10 + 11 which is even WORSE + not being able to easily DUMP the junk you dont want!! just wat too sensitivity for ME!!

Back