Generator change interval

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Astro_Guy

This prompted me to check the level in my generator, currently filled with T6 5w40. The oil was changed late last summer. Other than an occasional exercise run, it has powered a real load for about two hours last winter at 32 F, and another two hours last weekend at about 80 F. The oil level is good, and the oil looks factory fresh. Barring an extended outage this fall, I think that oil will be staying for another year.

Similar approach here, our Honda EU3000is has Delo 5W-40 synthetic from the end of last Winter's 4-day outage and has only run for exercise every other month...oil is still light amber and I'm seeing no reason to change it in prep for the upcoming season.

During prolonged use in last Winter's outage oil got changed on days 1 and 3 from the same Delo gallon jug, with a 1/2 ounce shot of moly additive from a Liqui Moly can I had on the shelf just for good measure. The last change after power was restored was straight Delo, didn't want the moly settling out while it sat.

I purchased a Propane Generator from Central Maine Diesel a few years ago.

20 HP Honda engine, Italian generator head.
Paid about $2300 plus shipping via Paradise Freight which was a few hundred.
I see the price is just a bit higher now... But the one I want most is Yuchai which i saw from a website.

Recently it blew a capacitor. Central Maine sent me 2 for the price of one even though it is out of warranty. $39 total for two.

I looked at generators on island but a similar Honda at Quality electric was close to $6000 and it wasn't even a 13750kw. More like 8 or 9000kw if I remember right.....

They have many generators at great prices but this is the one I settled for.

Quiet, no smell, propane lasts forever........

I really like this type of portable generator (genset) which is silent type. This one is really beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back