Gas mileage-2017 1.5Ltr Malibu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
My 2015 Malibu is getting bout the same right now.

Good to know my Malibu fuel usage is "on par" with yours. Can't wait till summer to see the MPG increase. Like his niece, I'm loving the Malibu
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Eosyn and gabriel9766, of course your 2015 Malibu was the previous generation body (heavier car), and used the 2.5L DI 4-cylinder, both very different from this 2017 Malibu. That 1.5L DI turbo is a new game in a lighter car. I have a similar version of that engine in a 2018 Equinox and its capable of better MPG than models a couple of years ago.
2015 2.5L Malibu: 27 MPG average over many fill-ups on Fuelly.com
2017 1.5L Malibu: 30 MPG compared

Ah. Okay, gotcha. Thanks for the info.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
50L tank on my corolla, and in winter I see about 375-425 on a tank. I dont know the rated mileage for the cruze but id say its about similar to what I get in winter. Whats the rated gas mileage on it? Mine is 27 city/35 hwy per fueleconomy.gov

I talked to my niece today and told her about the small tank, winter gas, remote start scenarios and other info mentioned here. I think she was relieved knowing she isn't the only one.

Appreciate the info guys.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Eosyn
Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
My 2015 Malibu is getting bout the same right now.

Good to know my Malibu fuel usage is "on par" with yours. Can't wait till summer to see the MPG increase. Like his niece, I'm loving the Malibu
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Eosyn and gabriel9766, of course your 2015 Malibu was the previous generation body (heavier car), and used the 2.5L DI 4-cylinder, both very different from this 2017 Malibu. That 1.5L DI turbo is a new game in a lighter car. I have a similar version of that engine in a 2018 Equinox and its capable of better MPG than models a couple of years ago.
2015 2.5L Malibu: 27 MPG average over many fill-ups on Fuelly.com
2017 1.5L Malibu: 30 MPG compared

Ah. Okay, gotcha. Thanks for the info.
cheers3.gif

I love my malibu. I want to upgrade the sound system tho, its kinda [censored] and buzzes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back