Fun Car Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Really? Mopar puts actual engines in thier muscle cars.
Not turbo charged four bangers and speakers in the air duct to make "Muscle" sounds.

Did you forget the base engine in the Challenger and Charget is a POS V6??

And that turbo 4 will keep up and maybe beat the POS Hemi. There's plenty of history of 4's in Mustangs, and even Turbo 4's.

And of course you can get a 5.0 V8 which is what most will do anyway.

Any nice used 'Vette that is in your budget - model irrelevant, they all go
laugh.gif

Maybe $25K for the car and $5K for "fix-ups". Since it's a fun car, you can have it off-line for intervals while it's being tended to. That's a great way to get something that really satisfies you ...
smile.gif

Any Audi Quatro turbo
laugh.gif
Same logic on buying, but do $20K for car and $10K for fix-ups ...

What’s fun, flat straight roads like Texas..muscle car.

Mountain roads tight switch backs with a lot of braking and reaccelerating but top end is not important..
Toyota 86, or a bmw roadster with a manual box.

Getting the most out of a vehicle through technical driving is more fun to me than having a vehicle with capabilities you cannot legally use. Being able to cruise at 150mph for example is a capability, but not one you will get the oppurtunnity to use making clunking around at 75-85 feel pretty boring and unfun.
Being able to accelerate from 0-60 in a very short time is exilerating, unless you end up in traffic all the time.

What is fun for one person may be a pain in the [censored] finicky vehicle for another.

Last edited:
Had Big Muscle had sports. Miata is a fairy car, drives fragile. 'Stangs fall apart - broke many of them with the junk T5. (T10 was strong). Had a 67 396 chevelle SS built a bit that was "fun" and bulletproof.
I Broke my 69 Ford 428 Cobra Jet constantly.

>> Best sport/fun car Ive driven and owned was a BMW M roadster. Nothing even close. Havent tried the new ones.

Driven a few 911. Teutonic competence though boring to me. The Feel like the Beetles I used to mod for my friends in the 70's.

I got an Idea for the OP: Put 15K-20k into that Durango with a fresh motor suspension and trans and ... a blower.

Those are nice driving Trucks. Wont get your money back but, WC?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mbacfp
Was thinking about getting a new Charger/Challenger Hellcat, but not sure I want to drop that kind of money into a “fun car”. Any recommendations on a used “fun car” In my youth, I owned a 1984 Camaro and a 2000 Pontiac Trans Am. Appreciate it.

Ford Focus RS - completely different, definitely fun and a "special" car that will retain its value.

White bread, Vanilla ice cream, missionary position, lite beer, warm bath/shower qualifies you to get a fun General Motors product. Pierced and tattooed wild women, hard liquor, legal and not so legal forms of recreation,wondering why it's so easy to humiliate Ford guy's in a heads up romp and stomp qualifies you to join the dark side. Mopar Baby!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
... big Cadillacs when they put 472 and 500 cubic inch motors in them. Land yachts I usually bought for under a $1000 that I had so much fun in.

I miss my '68 Sedan deVille with the 472. The torque generated at STARTUP always made me giggle!

Originally Posted By: mbacfp
Been in a couple Mustang Shelby GT 500...one was newer, one was 60s. Also been in a Mustang R car. Those are fun to me.

The 2007-2009 GT 500s are getting down beneath 30k. That might be a good choice since you’ve been in one and liked it.

You should be able to pick up a used SRT with the 6.4L for around your price range, probably 2015 or older.

Another option, that was already mentioned, was a GT500. I'd say drive both and see which you prefer.

I bought this (7000 miles) for $30,500 used back in July. 2016 Challenger R/T Shaker 6 speed manual with nav, Super Track Pack, Alpine radio.

Last edited:
How about upgrade that Durango to a new srt version. I see you have a sienna (great choice by the way) but a nice fast suv could be good for you and the family. Ive owned some fast cars (AMG, a few lexus) and I by far prefer fast trucks and SUV's....but I am the kind of guy that thinks the prius and sienna are fun.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
I bought this (7000 miles) for $30,500 used back in July. 2016 Challenger R/T Shaker 6 speed manual with nav, Super Track Pack, Alpine radio.

How much was the Mustang pictured in front of it if you don't mind me asking?

most fun ive had in a vehicle is offroad. Modern UTV sidebysides offer alot of fun and you meet alot of people who are into the same thing as well as seeing the world other than what is by the roadside.

Thanks to all again for the info and ideas. Interesting idea on the Durango upgrade...never thought of that. Lots of choices which is good.

If nothing else, there is a wonderfully large selection of fun cars available. Just about every manufacturer has something interesting.

I had forgotten about the Focus RS. Very cool car, if a just a little "boy-racer" ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back