Front wheel bearing replacement

I attempted my first wheel bearing job and was hoping for some advice. I supported the inner race of the bearing when pressing in the hub but still noticed it somehow pushed out a little on the one side after the hub fully seated. (Picture below but hard to see). It sticks up about 1/8” on one side. Is this ok to reinstall? Would hate to put it all back together only to take it all back apart.

IMG_1387.jpeg

Possibly the axle nut will pull it into place, but personally I'd put it back in the press.

Correct bearing from Rock Auto. It’s a Quality Built kit that came with the hub. Never again. I spun it last night and it makes noise so gonna press the hub and bearing back out. Ordered an SKF bearing after doing some research on bearing quality. A tone ring and a spacer will caver the exposed shinyness. Been a good “learning experience” so far. Appreciate the help!

Reactions: D60
I am also slightly tempted to reuse the original hub although it has 150k on it. 06 Toyota Sequoia. But hoping the new Quality Built has some quality to it. It can’t be too difficult to make a good hub, right?

Back