Fram Ultra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, three distinct filters: FL910s, FL820s, and PL14670 … all flimsy media even when unused …

I like them, but way too expensive here, like most other things. I will keep using the Napa Proselects with their excellent build construction. Their efficiency might not have 99% numbers but nor does the OEM. It seems to work good for my needs and for the 3.xx$ I pay... its even less than the orange can at CT! I paid about 10-11$ for a Napa Gold... still cheaper than Fram Ultras at CT. Fram Ultra at CT regular price= 15.99$ = ouch. No thanks, will use Napa Gold for less.

Originally Posted By: Pajero
Fram recently raised the OCI on the Ultra to 20,000 miles! Getting better with age...

Respectfully,

Pajero!
I run the Ultra and change it out every other 5k OCI.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
... Bottom line conclusion will be it's hard to beat the Ultra.

thumbsup2.gif

Maybe what I will do is a UOA with the same mileage but one with my Amsoil EAK15 filter and one with the Fram Ultra and see what does what.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Different by a fair amount of efficiency and microns …

I'll take that risk to get the heavenly white pleats.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Maybe what I will do is a UOA with the same mileage but one with my Amsoil EAK15 filter and one with the Fram Ultra and see what does what.

Interesting. But good luck doing it twice under the identical testing protocol that would pass muster here.
wink.gif

Those basically have the same efficiency within a percent or two, so a UOA won't show anything discernable. Run an inefficient filter like a NAPA Platinum (for Merk).
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
I like them, but way too expensive here, like most other things. I will keep using the Napa Proselects with their excellent build construction. Their efficiency might not have 99% numbers but nor does the OEM. It seems to work good for my needs and for the 3.xx$ I pay... its even less than the orange can at CT! I paid about 10-11$ for a Napa Gold... still cheaper than Fram Ultras at CT. Fram Ultra at CT regular price= 15.99$ = ouch. No thanks, will use Napa Gold for less.

I don't know where your shopping but I just got a Ultra at Walmart for my Duramax regular price not on sale for $8.90 and the one for my Toyota was $7.94 everyday price.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
What is the filtering like in terms of Microns and flow?
99.9% @ 20 microns. It is synthetic media so flow is No issue. Zee may have the specfics.

Start reading this linked thread from where the ling starts ... Motorking gives info about the flowrate of the Ultra. [LINK]

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Start reading this linked thread from where the ling starts ... Motorking gives info about the flowrate of the Ultra. [LINK]

thumbsup2.gif

Yeah you all get hammered on stuff up there Stevie.. And it irritates me a lot. Doesn't really make sense to me in a number of different ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back