Fram Endurance FE10060 Cut Open - 9709 miles - HPL PCEO

This is from a whole interval, I meant to do a mid-interval filter change but a vacation got in the way and after I thought about it some more, the two filters from the last interval did not show anything concerning, so I stuck it out to the full interval.

This is the 2nd interval with HPL PCEO 5w20 for a total of almost 20,000 miles of HPL use. Currently have HPL Euro 5w30 in for the next ~10k.
PP used for the previous 40,000 miles (~1200hrs) prior to HPL.

2019 Ram 5.7, 76161 miles (~2363 hrs)
Filter in use for 9709 miles (~262 hrs)

Not a bunch of pics as I was focused on the media and what may be in it. I strained the oil from the can through a coffee filter, nothing to note from that. Media was wrapped in towels for a while to wick out as much as possible. Little flecks in each pleat again. I'd argue that there are fewer flecks in this filter than in the last filter.

I measured the mesh for fun and got .010" and .012" depending on which orientation I measured.

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg
IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

Last edited:
Tiny filter for a big engine!
You're right. Pretty sure the 6.4s use the FE2 size. I put a PH2 on it and took a good assessment of if I was happy with the fitment. There was a wire harness that would have been rubbing on the filter 100% of the time and I wasn't a fan of that.

Even though it's small, it seems to be doing the job just fine. Hard to argue with that.

Sooooooo much glue....
The Amsoil filters I've cut open was the same.

The Amsoil filters I've cut open was the same.

I have an Amsoil EA15k09 on my Prius Prime right now... Guess I'll see in a few more months. It was my first run of Amsoil and their filter.

This is from a whole interval, I meant to do a mid-interval filter change but a vacation got in the way and after I thought about it some more, the two filters from the last interval did not show anything concerning, so I stuck it out to the full interval.

This is the 2nd interval with HPL PCEO 5w20 for a total of almost 20,000 miles of HPL use. Currently have HPL Euro 5w30 in for the next ~10k.
PP used for the previous 40,000 miles (~1200hrs) prior to HPL.

2019 Ram 5.7, 76161 miles (~2363 hrs)
Filter in use for 9709 miles (~262 hrs)

Not a bunch of pics as I was focused on the media and what may be in it. I strained the oil from the can through a coffee filter, nothing to note from that. Media was wrapped in towels for a while to wick out as much as possible. Little flecks in each pleat again. I'd argue that there are fewer flecks in this filter than in the last filter.

I measured the mesh for fun and got .010" and .012" depending on which orientation I measured.

View attachment 193625
View attachment 193626
View attachment 193627
View attachment 193628
View attachment 193629
View attachment 193630View attachment 193631
View attachment 193632
Very nice cut and post and write up. Awesome photos. I see carbon bits. Looks good 👍🍻

Great run on the Ram! Not real loaded but the debris is noticeable. They could do a better glue job on this premium filter though.

Yeah, someone needs to hire a new glue machine operator/tuner.

Always used 10575 in place of those …
The (very fine) pics enforce what I have been saying about judging louvers with a fully assembled filter … Most are plenty open …

The (very fine) pics enforce what I have been saying about judging louvers with a fully assembled filter … Most are plenty open …
Can tell by looking down the center tube at the right angle with a good LED flashlight if they are opened well or not. Can even get a decent shot with a cell phone camera on flash if done right. Gotta determine if open enough for the user before it goes on, not after it's been used. ;)

1702941554918.jpeg

You're right. Pretty sure the 6.4s use the FE2 size. I put a PH2 on it and took a good assessment of if I was happy with the fitment. There was a wire harness that would have been rubbing on the filter 100% of the time and I wasn't a fan of that.

Even though it's small, it seems to be doing the job just fine. Hard to argue with that.
That would be a negative on the 6.4’s using the larger filter. The XG 2 will fit on some but not all. Ram specs the 10060 size.

The SRT 6.4's use the bigger filter, not sure about the HD truck ones. This may be the difference between the classic and the DT, since there's only a coolant line for the heat exchanger that's a bit in the way (but doesn't rub) with the XG2 on our 1500, no wiring.

On the 6.4 I had in my 22’ 2500 I ran the larger filter a couple of times but it always had a rattle on start up. Stayed silent with the small one. I don’t know if air was being trapped in the filter because the inlet holes were lower than the outside of the filter or not. The filter sits horizontal on those.

The SRT 6.4's use the bigger filter, not sure about the HD truck ones. This may be the difference between the classic and the DT, since there's only a coolant line for the heat exchanger that's a bit in the way (but doesn't rub) with the XG2 on our 1500, no wiring.
The 6.4 HEMI’s in RAM 2500 pickups spec a WIX 57060 filter. A fat filter won’t clear that cheap plastic guard that helps make a mess when filter is removed.

Back