Ford will only sell Mustang, Focus Active in N.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hatt
Originally Posted By: PimTac
Ford is missing something here. While crossovers and SUVs are in demand a lot of Toyota Camry’s get sold every year.
Camry sales number aren't helping Ford. I don't know very many people with American brand sedans.

True. It means consumers are buying more Japanese and Korean sedans.

I'm glad I got my Fiesta when I did. Ford had to lose money on it because I got $4000 right off the MSRP. I'm sure it was sitting on the dealer's lot for a long, looong time. 99.99% of people do not want a quirky 1.0 3-cyl turbo with a stick shift, and even less of them want it in a slightly awkward-looking subcompact sedan. It makes me sad, but it's the market.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
The stability of the scenario in which it is removed from the ground is not.

Truer words have not been said.
There is always the political wildcard that can upset a semi-rational market.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: mazdamonky
Plus what is going to happen in a couple years when gas is back up at $4 a gallon? People aren't going to want to keep driving those trucks and SUVs

This. The last time the big three put all their eggs in the truck basket, things didn't go very well for them at all.

Ford was the only one that didn't need a bailout.

Originally Posted By: kam327
As a long-time Ford loyalist I'm saddened by this. The Fusion is still selling pretty well. Can't believe they won't do even a major refresh of it.

Truly the end of an era.

Agreed. My Fusions have been the most reliable cars I have ever owned.

Ford is missing something here. While crossovers and SUVs are in demand a lot of Toyota Camry’s get sold every year.

Too many players in a shrinking market (of family sedans and compacts). I guess Ford decided they'll have better luck competing in other segments.

I’m sure the mood over at Fords assembly plants will be somber. The UAW is going to be busy the next couple of years.

I wonder if GovMo is thinking about their lineup as well?

Even with $4 gas people are going to be happy with larger vehicles with mid 20s and up fuel economy. Jevons paradox at work.

Looks bonkers on the face of it.

I know "Ford" and "Holden" people who will make sure that only one brand graces their driveway...big sedan/little hatchback, Ute/sedan whatever.

Wonder how they'd react to having to dilute their fleet.

Phew! Thought it was a political correctness thing, but apparently its mere geopolitics.

11855674145_f5d903c486_m.jpg

Probably safe here even if it was.

The Fusion's so nice it could/ should be a "halo car"-- one that sells others in the line. Its existence builds the brand equity that sells the other stuff.

They use them here for cop cars, as well as those Exploder things on giant wheels. As a taxpayer I'm not fond of paying for all that gas and rubber.

Originally Posted By: jmsjags
Would be nice to see more wagons for those of us that still value a sporty ride with our extra space.

They are coming. The next evolution of the crossover.

They still will have a 4-door sedan, the Focus Active. Maybe its a bit bigger than the current Focus, which would make it a suitable sedan for a lot of people.

Cross-overs of all sizes do make sense. My '18 Equinox is a roomy, relatively light-weight people+cargo hauler with more ground clearance than a Malibu or Cruz, and I get 29 MPG average overall. Handles good too. It has the futuristic 1.5 turbo-DI we'll keep seeing for a while.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Camry sales number aren't helping Ford. I don't know very many people with American brand sedans.

True. It means consumers are buying more Japanese and Korean sedans.

See KORUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back