Ford Extended Warranty - BaseCare

Has anyone had any experience with Ford’s extended warranty? Given the run around I am getting with the dealer regarding my issues with the 10R80, I figured having an extended warranty to 10yr/175,000 miles would be good.

I fully plan on continuing to document the issues I’m having, but I like this truck so much I am willing to actually purchase a warranty to go beyond the 60,000 mile factory.

I bought a Ford from Carvana two years ago with about 70k miles on it and then I bought a Ford Selectcare Ford backed factory warranty (5years) from a ford dealer. Two separate transactions. There were different levels of coverage but there was not a lot of $ difference so I bought the best. I have used it twice and both times the Ford dealer service rep said having the warranty made the whole service process seamless.

My VIN is in the Ford system and the coverage I bought covers EVERYTHING including every light bulb, anything electric and surprisingly one new FORD key fob each year if I lose mine.

Is your extended warranty backed by the dealer or a third company? I was negotiating with a local Ford dealer before my Carvana purchase and they said it had a extended warranty but when I asked for details (they were reluctant to provide them - red flag) it was from a third party. I left.

One way to know if a warranty is backed by Ford is to download the FordPass app and register for it with your VIN and look under the service tab. If it is Ford warranty you car will show up as factory service covered. My hunch is an aftermarket warranty won’t show up on the Ford app.

I bought a Ford from Carvana two years ago with about 70k miles on it and then I bought a Ford Selectcare Ford backed factory warranty (5years) from a ford dealer. Two separate transactions. There were different levels of coverage but there was not a lot of $ difference so I bought the best. I have used it twice and both times the Ford dealer service rep said having the warranty made the whole service process seamless.

My VIN is in the Ford system and the coverage I bought covers EVERYTHING including every light bulb, anything electric and surprisingly one new FORD key fob each year if I lose mine.

Is your extended warranty backed by the dealer or a third company? I was negotiating with a local Ford dealer before my Carvana purchase and they said it had a extended warranty but when I asked for details (they were reluctant to provide them - red flag) it was from a third party. I left.

One way to know if a warranty is backed by Ford is to download the FordPass app and register for it with your VIN and look under the service tab. If it is Ford warranty you car will show up as factory service covered. My hunch is an aftermarket warranty won’t show up on the Ford app.
They do not show up.

They do not show up.
What is “They”?

I’m looking at my phone on the FordPass app and my Ford protect extended service plan is there on my cars warranty page with all my details. It even shows all prior service done at the dealer since new.

I’m not typically one to buy extended warranties, but going through the manufacturer is undoubtedly the way to go if you do. I’m actually considering one for the Mustang since I plan to keep this one a long time.

Has anyone had any experience with Ford’s extended warranty? Given the run around I am getting with the dealer regarding my issues with the 10R80, I figured having an extended warranty to 10yr/175,000 miles would be good.

I fully plan on continuing to document the issues I’m having, but I like this truck so much I am willing to actually purchase a warranty to go beyond the 60,000 mile factory.
What issues are you having? The company Transit 250 10R80 in my sig has been slamming into gear cold, flaring on upshifts, & sticking in gear/not up shifting at 75K miles. The Ford dealer says “it’s fine”, charges the company a $125 diagnostic fee-and the van screws up BEFORE IT GETS OUT OF THEIR LOT!! I wouldn’t take a 10R80 equipped Ford if it was free!:poop:

I don't know if it's a similar situation with Ford, but when I bought a Mopar extended warranty for my Wrangler I had the option to buy it from any authorized Jeep dealer. I ended up buying it from a dealer in MI who sells the warranties for $50 over dealer cost.

What issues are you having? The company Transit 250 10R80 in my sig has been slamming into gear cold, flaring on upshifts, & sticking in gear/not up shifting at 75K miles. The Ford dealer says “it’s fine”, charges the company a $125 diagnostic fee-and the van screws up BEFORE IT GETS OUT OF THEIR LOT!! I wouldn’t take a 10R80 equipped Ford if it was free!:poop:
Hard shifts at time, especially between 2-5 and 8 going to 7. The dealer won’t even return my call 🤷🏻‍♂️ Guess I’ll be calling Ford! Once again.. It also has slammed into 3rd when it’s cold. It won’t slam into any other gear… just 3rd

I don't know if it's a similar situation with Ford, but when I bought a Mopar extended warranty for my Wrangler I had the option to buy it from any authorized Jeep dealer. I ended up buying it from a dealer in MI who sells the warranties for $50 over dealer cost.
It is the same with Ford. I bought my Ford factory warranty from a dealer located about 200 miles from my house. The sell over the internet and price like you found - they were many hundred dollars lower then the factory warranty bought from a local dealer.

There are two super low cost Ford warranty sellers, both are dealers, one in CT and one I recall was based in Wisconsin. The CT dealer has a whole staff dedicated to selling Ford factory warranties nationwide. Getting the warranty did require a car inspection ($50) at my home but that was a joke, he circled the exterior, looked inside, started the car, looked under the hood and then signed off on the inspection. Took less ten 5 minutes, done in my driveway.

And now I take the car in for service at a dealer I passed up buying from and they could not treat me better. They know they will get paid for warranty work.

Back