Ford 3.7L torque specs

Can someone please lead me to the proper torque specs for the intake and valve covers for my 3.7 F150? Google and a recently purchased subscription from alldata is of no help. I plan on doing plugs and valve cover gaskets as soon as I can find the proper specs.

1. Using new gaskets, install the upper intake manifold and tighten the 7 bolts in the sequence shown in 2 stages.
    • Stage 1: Tighten to 10 Nm (89 lb-in).
    • Stage 2: Tighten an additional 45 degrees.
imagen2.dll

1. Using a new gasket, install the LH valve cover and tighten the 4 bolts and 7 stud bolts in the sequence shown.
    • Tighten to 10 Nm (89 lb-in).
imagen2.dll

1. Using a new gasket, install the RH valve cover and tighten the 3 bolts and 8 stud bolts in the sequence shown.
    • Tighten to 10 Nm (89 lb-in).
imagen2.dll

1. Using new gaskets, install the upper intake manifold and tighten the 7 bolts in the sequence shown in 2 stages.
    • Stage 1: Tighten to 10 Nm (89 lb-in).
    • Stage 2: Tighten an additional 45 degrees.
imagen2.dll
It is an excellent excuse to invest in a 1/4" dr torque wrench that is capable of angle torque. ;)

As I recall every M6 bolt on that engine is 89 in lbs, including everything in the timing set.

I wasn't aware of the 45 degrees on the upper intake. I didn't do it and the world didn't end (shrug)

Id just love to know how my title on this thread was considered clickbait. I asked a question, got a very helpful answer from BDCardinal and thanked him.
clickbait? There is a joke on South Main Auto, and I guess Rainmain Ray where they use a ratchet and say "click" when their calibrated wrist hits the spec.

Back