Intake torque

Time for spark plugs again on my 3.7 F150. Googling the torque sequence of the upper intake gives me no answer, I was able to find the proper torque specs though. Can anyone help me out here? Also the specs for the valve covers, I’ll eventually have to change out the gaskets and associated grommets. Thanks

It's a shame there are no more haynes/chilton books. I used to buy one for every vehicle i bought. I don't know where you can get the info easily.
Get the Ford factory service manual. They aren't that expensive especially if most work is DIY and keeping the vehicle.

It's a shame there are no more haynes/chilton books. I used to buy one for every vehicle i bought. I don't know where you can get the info easily.
Haynes/chilton books sucked 20 years ago for anything but the most basic information. Don't know what year the OP has, but I have a set of these from 1992 to 2021,

I have the proper torque specs, 89 inch pounds plus a 45 degree turn. I just need the proper order in which to tighten the 7 bolts.
If you have the proper torque specs but it doesn't mention an order, it doesn't matter. Personally, I would start at the center and work my way out. First at 89 in lb, then come back with the 45° on the second pass.

The most common sequences I've seen involve starting in the middle and working your way outward in a figure-8. Best approach is at 1/3 of torque spec for the first pass, then 2/3 of spec for second pass, then the actual torque spec for last pass. This compresses the gasket from the center outward.

Tried to post the order, but the website reformatted it and it didn't make sense. There is a sequence, I'll see if I can find an image.

20230217_214659.jpg

Back